- Thirty One

Adisyn Kay Wise

"Miss Wise it is so great to finally meet you! Anastasia simply does not stop talking about how great you are." The elderly lady who's dressed up in a very beautiful black gown smiles at me as she greets my hand telling me all about how excited she is to finally meet me.

"Thank you, Mrs-?"

"Fields. Call me Charmaine."

"Thank you, Charmaine." I smile at her as I turn around to greet the other guests.

After what felt about a million people that I had to greet I walk over to the bar.

I hear the front door creak open and I quickly turn around and see a couple with a little girl in between them walk in... I would be lying if I said I wasn't kinda hoping that was Reed entering the door.

God I hate him so much why am I still hoping he walks in at any moment? Why am I hoping he walks in and tells me he loves me? Why do I even have any hope that he would show up because he's just a jerk who doesn't care about anybody but his ego!

I take a couple of deep breaths as I continue to drink out of the glass of champagne but simply all day long I've been thinking about Reed.

More specifically I've been thinking about our kiss.

God our kiss.

That kiss had such an impact on me? He has so much power over me it kills me because no one has made me melt like that since Reece. Simply by just holding my hand he gives me the most reassurance I've felt in a long time and just by being there with me he reassures me so much?

Reed could look at me in the eye, grab my hand, and tell me a huge lie and I would believe him.

I can't think about anything that isn't Reed; Reed Reed Reed is basically all my mind ever thinks about. I think about his adoring stupid smile and his stupid laugh and his stupid hazel eyes that fuck I could just stare at them forever?

I can't stop thinking about his scent, his touch, his lips, his hugs, his voice, his smile and his laugh, his eyes and his facial expressions and I just can't stop thinking about him.

I miss him?

•••

I look down at the floor watching as my eyes slowly cloud up with tears.

I thought I was going to be able to look at him but I can't. I came all over to here to not even be able to look at him.

Throughout the car ride I was telling myself what I was going to say to him the moment I saw him. I had it all in my brain. It was all planned out like a movie and now that I am actually here I have no main idea what I'm going to do.

I looked at Reed and the moment I saw the surprise take over his expression, I could no longer look at him.

I finally look up at him with tears in my eyes and I try to blink them away but it doesn't work. I take a couple of deep breaths and I notice how he looks. I notice how I feel. I notice what I'm thinking and what I want to do.

I notice how tired he looks.

His eye bags had always been bad but there were days they looked great but right now it looks like he hasn't slept in months? His face looks a bit more pale. His hair is wet as if he had just showered. His lips are still that sweet shade of pinkish tone.

He's wearing the sweater that he let me borrow the first night I stayed here. He paired it up with some grey sweats.

I look up to his eyes and notice how he's looking at me up and down. He looks at me as if he were trying to find something?