Complicated

"Why have you asked that I come here?"

"You and I have a lot to talk about," you replied. "Can we go for a walk?"

Steve and Bucky's eyes were on you and you didn't want an audience.

Thor nodded and walked out of the door with you following behind. Before your feet hit the sidewalk outside, Thor caught you off guard.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant? You had every chance when we were alone at Starks tower!"

Steve had been right. It was cold and it sent a shiver down your spine. Or maybe it was Thor's words.

"Because I didn't know how to tell you. I was scared," you admitted. "It was hard enough talking to you about why I did what I did with Steve."

"I deserved the truth. And if that child is mine, it deserves to be raised on Asgard— not here."

"You know I can't just give up my child," you replied, brows pulling together in concern.

"You'd be able to come to Asgard with me."

You sucked in a breath, your eyes staying on Thor's.

"What did you just say?"

"Despite everything, I'm still deeply in love with you, Y/N. I've loved you since we first met," Thor replied. "I've never stopped loving you or thinking about you."

"Thor, I have a boyfriend. You know that."

"I know," he breathed. "But I'm saying that you could have a husband instead— a king and you my queen. Someone who would care for you and our child and would fight for you both."

"Thor," you replied, clearly shocked at his confession. "I—."

The God cut you off.

"Be mine. Come back to Asgard with me," he insisted.

"I don't even know if it's your child. I have an appointment tomorrow to see what's happening."

"Even if the child isn't mine, I still want to be together."

Another shiver ran down your spine as your exhale clouded the air in front of you.

"I can't do this, Thor."

A shaky breath left your lips and you moved to walk past Thor, back towards the front door of your building. In an instant, he had gently pulled you back to him and his lips pressed against yours. They were softer than you had remembered and it took a moment before you pulled away.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I love you," Thor replied. "And I know that deep down you still love me too."

You frowned deeply before turning and walking back inside and up to the fourth floor without another word.

"You looked a little too comfortable out there," Steve muttered.

"He kissed me," you replied. "It was nothing."

"You didn't send him away with a blast," Steve sighed. "You welcomed the kiss."

"I didn't," you insisted as you pulled your coat off and hung it on a hook near the front door. "Why are you spying anyway, Steve? You don't trust me?"

"I do. It's him I don't trust," Steve countered. "And this was why."

"It didn't mean anything, Steve."

"Do you still love him?" Steve questioned.

You looked to your brother who sat on the couch, watching you and Steve bicker, and stayed silent.

"You do," Steve breathed, clearly hurt.

"I didn't say that."

"But your silence did," Steve replied.

You swallowed hard.

"It's complicated, Steve! He was my first love. You and I woke up and I started to have a life and he quickly became part of it. He didn't care about who I was and the popularity that surrounded the story of Captain America and Miss Americana waking up after being frozen for seventy years. He liked me for me and you were nowhere to be found!"

"Oh, so this is my fault," Steve scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"No, it isn't," you replied softly. "But after we woke up, we weren't on the same path. Our paths ran parallel to one another for years until after what happened in DC. We didn't have a chance until then."

Steve rubbed the back of his neck as a sigh passed his lips.

"So what are you going to do if the child isn't mine?" Steve questioned. "Go to Asgard?"

"Thor said if it's his, it should be raised on Asgard since it is technically a demigod," you muttered. "I can't stand the thought of him taking the baby with him and leaving me here."

Steve's jaw dropped slightly and his eyes widened— he was clearly shocked by your statement.

"You'd go back to him?"

"I, uh," you swallowed hard and as you opened your mouth to reply, the sound of shattering glass filled the air and you dropped to the ground.

The world began to move in slow motion as Bucky and Steve both moved to your side.

"Bucky, call an ambulance!" Steve shouted.

You touched your hand to your torso and raised it to see the crimson blood covering your palm and fingers.

"Steve?"

The super soldier drug you towards the bedroom and stayed ducked down as he pressed down on two of the wounds.

"On their way," Bucky said as he came around the corner and slid onto the floor to put pressure on your third wound. "Are there only three? I thought I heard four shots."

"Buck?"

"You're gonna be alright," your brother replied, his jaw tightening as anxiety set in that his younger sister had just been shot. "I've got you."