Reunited

Once you got to the tower, you stood in the elevator shocked to see Thor when the doors opened.

"You're here?" You asked almost inaudibly.

"I'm here to retrieve Loki's scepter," he said coldly. "Not to see you."

Thors words stung but you knew that they were true.

"I didn't know he would be here," Steve said softly. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," you sighed. "Let's go."

You stayed silent and got onto the jet. Inside was Steve's motorcycle, which made the cabin seem that much more full.

Thor did his best to avoid you and Steve but couldn't avoid Steve for long when he started to give a briefing on the mission.

You learned that you were headed to Sokovia where the largest HYDRA facility was— hopefully the last one. It was heavily guarded and according to Steve and Tony, it's where Loki's scepter was.

Once Steve finished his briefing, you put your headphones on in an effort to ignore the fact that Thor was there. You still felt horrible for what had happened and you knew the last place he wanted to be was where you were.

The flight was anything but short but as you grew closer to the drop off point, you started to put your things away and made sure you were heavily armed for the mission.

"Y/N, you'll drop with Cap," Tony instructed as you put your earpiece in.

"What?" You questioned. "Why am I not going with the rest of you?"

You watched Thor and nodded, realizing that was why.

"Fine."

You looked to where Steve was already on his motorcycle before climbing on back. Motorcycles had always scared you so you were about to face that fear very quickly.

The jet quickly dropped in the outskirts of Sokovia, roughly a mile and a half from the Hydra base. Once low enough, Tony stood by the control panel in the bay of the jet.

"Are you ready? Dropping in 3...2...," Steve counted down. "One."

As he hit one, the bay doors in the jet opened and you squeezed your arms around Steve's waist as he dropped down on his motorcycle with you on the back of it.

You shivered from the cold and when you looked back, the jet landed and the battle began. Natasha, Thor, and Clint quickly took over a modified jeep from HYDRA and an alarm sounded from the base.

Everyone fought and as you closed in to the base and Tony had the security systems down, you left Steve, who was teaming up with Thor, and found a tunnel leading to the basement.

You crept inside with your pistol in hand and spotted Strucker with the scepter in his own hand. You weren't clear on what he was saying but it was evident that he wasn't going to run again.

As you took a step towards him, you stepped on some broken glass and rubble, which caused him to look in your direction.

"Miss Barnes, you're back," Strucker said with a wicked grin.

"Not alone," you replied. "Give me the scepter like a good boy."

"I might have something," Tony said over comms.

"I've got eyes on the scepter," you replied over comms.

You kept your gun drawn as you stepped closer to Strucker.

"Y/N, do not engage alone," Thor said over comms but you weren't a good listener.

Once you stood in front of Strucker, you reached out to grab the scepter and in one quick motion, he manipulated the direction of the scepter so that the point had touched your chest. In that same movement, Strucker pulled you to him and injected something directly into your neck which instantly made you pass out.