Rage

The next morning came too quickly for your liking and you threw your legs over the side of the bed. The heels you had worn the night before made your feet hurt and you dreaded getting up to walk.

As you took your first steps, you groaned as you got to the mirror. Your face had smudged eyeliner all over and you went to the bathroom to clean the makeup before taking a fast shower.

You quickly got ready, leaving your hair to air dry as you got dressed in the black cat suit that had been issued to you with a patch of the shield logo on the arm. A closer look showed you the red, white, and blue stitching throughout the suit that was meant to compliment Steve's. You watched your reflection, your eyes studying your figure in the new uniform.

After a minute, Fury was pounding on your door to hurry. Startled, you pulled on a pair of black boots and hurried to the command center where everybody had been waiting on you.

"Sorry," you muttered in embarrassment as you took a seat between Natasha and Steve.

The team had already been discussing Loki and the need for iridium before you arrived. Before long, Tony and Bruce had left to his lab and Natasha started to talk to Steve. You, on the other hand, had no desire to be near Steve so you stood up and walked to oversee the command center, impressed by how far technology had come.

"So you don't always wear formal wear on missions?" You heard, causing you to turn your head where Thor moved to stand beside you.

"No," you laughed. "Luckily not because those shoes were torture."

Thor chuckled, causing you to smile small.

"So I overheard that Loki is your brother?"

"He is," Thor replied, his smile quickly fading.

"How do we stop him?" You questioned. "I apologize if you already discussed it. I overslept."

You glanced from Thor to where Natasha and Steve talking and Steve looked to be growing frustrated. He looked to you and you held his gaze for a moment before looking away.

"You're trying to train Y/N to be a spy?! You're going to get her killed," Steve said sternly before getting up and walking away.

You and Thor both watched Steve walk away and you sighed.

"Are you alright?" The god questioned as he looked back to you.

"It's complicated."

"Lovers spat?" Thor questioned.

"Oh no," you laughed breathily. "Nothing like that. Steve and I are old friends and we aren't exactly where we are supposed to be."

"What does that mean?"

"I was born in nineteen twenty and he was born in nineteen eighteen. We were frozen in ice for seventy years," you explained. "Anyway, tell me more about your brothers plot."

"He means to control earth and all who inhabit it. He wants to use the tesseract to do so."

You nodded as you took in all that Thor was trying to explain to you. You knew the tesseract harnessed a lot of power but now you learned more than you did seventy years prior. Thor continued to tell you more until there was finally a lull in the conversation.

"I should probably go and check on Steve," you replied. "Thank you for getting me up to speed."

"Of course," Thor replied with a hint of a smile.

You started to walk away when Thor called after you.

"If you ever feel old, just keep in mind that I am nearly fifteen hundred years old," Thor said with a playful wink.