Safety

If you didn't know better, you would've thought you were being held hostage at Avengers tower. Hours turned into days and Tony kept a watchful eye on you.

As the days went on, there continued to be more outbursts from you. Anytime anyone began to poke or prod you to get more blood, another blast sent them away. While some were mild, others seemed like they made the entire tower shake.

For safety's sake, the only people allowed around you were Bruce and Tony and only when they needed to run another test or get more blood. Otherwise, you were kept confined to the floor of the tower that you had once called home for over a month. Food was brought to you by Thor, as he was guaranteed to be able to withstand any outbursts you had.

Each time he came by, you had him set the tray by the elevator and it almost always went untouched. On the fifth day of being trapped in the tower, he finally came further inside of your room in an attempt to talk.

"Y/N," he said softly.

You sat on the window seat, watching the traffic 89 floors below you and you wished that you could be free like those outside.

"What do you want?" You asked, your eyes not leaving.

"I think we should talk, don't you?"

"I have nothing to say," you admitted. "I apologized for my mistakes and that's all I can do."

"I thought you had loved me," Thor replied. "You told me once you wanted to do life together."

"I never planned on the things with Steve to happen," you sighed, still not looking at Thor. "I never wanted to hurt you and when you proposed, I was going to stop things with Steve."

"I wish you would've been the one to tell me the truth."

"Me too," you replied, finally looking over at Thor. "I'm sorry for hurting you."

"And I'm sorry for leaving when you needed me," he replied.

"What's happening to me, Thor?"

"When we looked at the scepter, the casing that the stone is in was broken. From what it looks like, somehow the stone was close enough to you to make this happen, it wasn't the scepter that did this," Thor explained. "The mind stone itself is what did this to you. It's been said to give these sort of abilities to people though I had never seen it with my own eyes before."

"Did my brother tell you guys what had happened?"

"No but Steve did," Thor replied. "May I sit with you?"

Rather than move your legs from being stretched out, you moved your hand in the direction of a chair and manipulated it, causing it to slide across the floor to where Thor had been standing.

"You've learned how to control it?" Thor asked as he sat down.

"A little bit," you sighed. "I've been locked in here with nothing else to do."

Thor looked shocked.

"What about the blasts?"

"Considering I shattered the glass last time I was in the lab, I'd say I haven't learned to control those yet," you replied. "I'd like to see Steve please."

"He's not here," Thor replied. "He went back to Brooklyn to get some of your things."

"What about my brother?"

"I can get him," Thor replied, standing up. "Thank you for the discussion."

You nodded before looking back down to the street. Thor left and within ten minutes, Bucky came in with a pint of ice cream and a spoon.