Acquaintances

You weren't sure how long you were out for but when you woke up, you were in a hospital bed and you felt incredibly sore and in pain. IV's were attached to your left arm and your throat had been incredibly dry.

You looked at the space immediately in front of you and swallowed hard as you remembered why you were there in the first place.

"You're awake," you heard a deep accent say.

"I'm awake," you echoed as your turned your head slightly to see Thor sitting beside you.

"What happened?" He questioned as he sat on the side of your bed.

"My brother," you whispered, still in disbelief.

"Your brother?"

"My brother was the one who shot Nick Fury.

"I thought he was dead," Thor replied as he gently brushed hair from your face.

"So did I," you sighed. "Is Steve okay?"

"He's in rough shape but he's okay," Thor admitted.

"He saved my life."

"He did?" Thor questioned.

"He used his body to brace me from hitting the water. I would've died if I hit the water from that height," you sighed. "Can I see him?"

"Let me find a nurse."

You watched Thor kiss your forehead before leaving your room and going to the nurses station. When the door opened, you saw several armed men and women standing in the hallway to protect Steve.

"Are you ready for a walk?" The nurse said as she came into your room, checking your vitals.

You nodded.

"Can I see Steve please? It's important."

The nurse helped you to stand before escorting you across the hallway. Once the door opened, Sam and Steve both looked up at you.

"It's good to see you awake," Sam said as he stood up, offering you his chair.

"Thanks, Sam," you replied as you sat down. "Do you guys think you can give Steve and I a few minutes to talk?"

Thor nodded and kissed the top of your head before leaving, followed by Sam.

"So I see Thor is back," Steve said as the door closed.

"Heimdall let him know I was in danger," you replied with a sigh. "Are you okay?"

"I will be."

As Steve turned towards you, you saw that Steve had stitches from the corner of his mouth to halfway up his cheek.

"There's this movie I really like. You look like one of the characters with all of those stitches," you said with a small smile.

"Let me guess. The Nightmare Before Christmas?" Steve questioned with a chuckle. "Natasha told me you watched it a lot when we first woke up."

"It's a cute movie. And it could be classified as a Christmas and Halloween movie."

Steve chuckled as he looked you over, noting the sling your arm was in.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I hurt but I'll manage," you replied. "Honestly, I just came here to thank you."

"For what?"

"You saved my life a couple of times."

You sighed and leaned back in the chair.