Chapter Twelve

Começar do início

"I'm proud of you." I pat his hand.

Us three talk mindlessly for an hour or so, and I serve the coming and going customers in between. It's been a really steady night. Jarod has already left, and with thirty minutes left Bill is ready to pay his tab.

"I've got it, no worries," I shrug him off.

"Mitch take my damn money," he argues.

"You won't tell me what's wrong, so accept it as a pity beer." 

"Fine then, here's your tip." He puts down a fifty dollar bill and I glare at him.

"That's almost exactly what the tab was, Bill. "

"That's the point." He shoots me a wink, walking out the door.

"Carlos, you want a drink?" I ask my security.

"If it's on the house, a gin and tonic."

I laugh off his comment, knowing damn well I never charge him.

I spend the rest of my time cleaning up behind the bar, taking the drawer out and separating my tips. I slide the cash in my pocket, making sure everyone is okay before I ask Carlos to walk me out.

The cold night air slaps across my skin, and I shiver, walking towards my car. My heart skips a beat as two bodies lean against it, two faces I didn't realize how much I was missing.

"Did you miss us?" Elias grins.

"You ask that every time, the answer will always remain the same." Elias pulls me in for a kiss, and Mateo leans down after him.

"Hello mi princessa." My princess.

"Goodnight, Mitch," Carlos voice makes me turn around quickly. He smiles.

"Sorry, have a good night be safe!" I yell at him as he walks away. "What're you guys doing here?"

"We had to go out of the city for a few days, but we're back now." Elias states.

"Next time maybe you could tag along, yeah? A week is too long." Mateo says, picking me up. I squeal at the sudden feeling. "We missed you," he mumbles in my hair.

"I missed y'all too."

Mateo pulls out a small jewelry box, and I huff. "Nope, no more gifts. None, do you hear me? I don't need gifts!"

"Hush, it's our money we'll buy you what we please. " Elias leans in, kissing my cheek once again. "Just open the box."

I roll my eyes, opening the lid to the small box. It's a pretty ring, diamond on the band of it. "What is this?" I ask, unsure of what to take from it.

"Read the inside of the band." Elias mumbles, and I can't help but notice the blush on his cheeks. It's odd to see such an intimidating man blush. My eyebrows furrow together as I lift the ring out of the box to bring it close to my eyes. The parking lot is dimly lit, making me squint my eyes.

It took me a few moments, but eventually I read 'be ours?'.

I slowly put the ring down, looking at them both. They're both looking in anticipation, Elias chewing on his bottom lip.

"Yours?" I ask.

"You know, like our girlfriend." Mateo shrugs, pretending to be uninterested in the conversation.

A smile finds its way onto my lips. "I suppose we could give it a try." I decide.

Elias grins, scooping me into his arms and kissing me tenderly. He sets me on the ground, Mateo grabbing my face and forcing me to look at him. "You won't regret it," he promises, kissing me much rougher than Elias.

"I want to take it slow, however. Obviously not in a sexual manner but in a relationship way." I say, gauging their reactions.

"We're on your time, princessa. Your time." Elias assures. "Come home with us tonight?" Elias asks, and I reluctantly agree. Kinsley will be back in the morning, but she has a key so she'll be alright.

"I'll follow you there, I'm not leaving my car this time."

Mateo looks at me skeptically, declaring that he will ride with me. The ride towards the boys' house is quiet, until my anxiety filled brain began to have questions.

"Have y'all done this before?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the rode.

"Have we ever been in a relationship with the same woman? No, we have not." He responds. "A relationship was never in our cards."

"Why now?" I can't help but wonder.

Mateo sighs, waiting a moment to find the right words. "It's not the time, nothing in our lifestyle has changed. It's about you, quite simply." He glances over to me, as if he is nervous to continue. "Look, I'm not good with feelings. I've never needed them. You? You make me feel, or at least want to feel. Every woman we've come in-contact with usually is either scared of our lifestyle, or they yearn for our money. With you? You're timid, but you haven't shown that you're afraid. I feel as if I have known you for years, in all honesty." He pauses again. "Shit, I'm rambling. See? Not good with feelings."

"No, I like the rambling. Helps me dive into your thoughts a bit." I shrug, carefully pulling into their driveway.

"I haven't done this in a very long time, it's going to take some adjusting." Mateo declares, and I park. I look at his beautiful face. "Give me time to try, yeah?"

"Yes, Mateo," I roll my eyes playfully, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Elias steps out of the open garage, had been waiting on us to follow him in. Maybe this was a good thing, I chance to truly move on from the past bullshit.

At least I hope.