→ 5

Buildings passed the boy as he swung through the city

A throaty cheer exiting his lungs as he backflipped through the air, catching himself with another web as he made his way towards his brothers building.

The sound of ringing could be heard so he pulled himself up to one of the closest buildings, pulling out his phone and answering the call.

"Yo," he said as he looked around the city, eyes landing on his brothers building in the distance.

"Jisung," the voice of his brother sounded rushed and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Jihun? Are you okay? Why do you sound like you're in a hurry?"

"Jisung listen to me, I don't have much time-"
"Hyung are you okay? You're really worrying me."
"Jisung please, it didn't work out. The formula didn't work-"
"What do you mean it didn't work? Hyung what's happening?" Jisung said worried, eyes zoning in on the laboratory and he jumped off of the rooftop, trying to make his way to the building as quick as he could.

"Jihun I'm coming as quick as I can-"
"NO DONT!! Don't come here Jisung! You need to go home right now and be with mum!"
"Jihun stop you're scaring me, just tell me what's happening I'm on my way to you now."
"Jisung you need to listen to me carefully, go back to mum, do not whatever you do come here- oh God-"

At the sound of his brothers phone dropping Jisungs eyes widened, "hyung?" He called out, zipping through the city as quick as he can and the laboratory was in eye line.

The sound of alarms and buttons filled his ears and he could hear his brother frantically yell at someone else in the room.
"Hyung!?! Jisung yelled out into the phone, "what is happening? Hyung! Answer me what is happening?!"

"Jisung," the sound of his name ringing down the phone barrel made his eyes widen, arm hairs standing up straight and his body started to tingle.

He knew what was about to happen.

He extended his hand out, shooting a web but when it gripped onto the building, the sudden gust of air cut through the web, sending him tumbling down.

Eyes wide as he watched the glass break and an echoing explosion erupt from inside the floor his brother preoccupies.

Fire burning up the floor and Jisung felt his heart drop.

Body colliding with the concrete ground, and despite the pain in his body he pushed himself up, eyes wide and ears ringing from the explosion.

Head fuzzy as he heard the many screams of pedestrians fill his ears.

Throat becoming dry and then he remembered his phone, looking around frantically before pinking it up and holding it to his ear.

"Hyung?" He called out, and when he didn't get a response he subconsciously shot a web up into the burning building.

Smoke and fire covering every surface and he coughed out. The black fumes filling his lungs as he tried to find his brother.

Lifting up a piece of wood and searching around rapidly. The smoke was impacting his vision, lungs burning from the thick smoke that he tried to cough out.

Fire licking at his suit and he could feel the sizzle of the fabric burning into his side.

"JIHUN!" He yelled out before coughing violently.

"JIHUN!" He yelled out again, lifting up another piece of furniture but not finding anything.

The faint sounds of sirens could be heard and he whisper out "shit."

Eyes squeezing together as they stung and feeling incredibly light headed, he was about to pass out.

Making his way to one of the many windows, he gave the floor one last look before zipping himself up to the nearest roof top.

Mind in slow motion as he looked back to the building only for one last explosion to go off, flames burning five storeys higher and Jisung screamed.

Tears rolling down his cheeks as his eyes reflected the burning laboratory.

The porcelain white walls burning an ashy black as the air filled with smoke.

The last thing Jisung heard was his phone beeping to indicate the call had been terminated.

Beeeep call disconnected.

Sorry for the swap over in chapters, I didn't like having this on the other one 🙃