→ 7

Jisung dismally dragged his sock clad feet along the wooden apartment floor

Body dressed in oversized sweats and a hoodie as he made his way to the room that had been shut for the majority of the week.

Hand coming up to knock on the door but it hovered over the wooden frame.

His eyes staring into the door as he tried to listen for any movement from inside the room.

Swallowing dryly he knocked timidly on the door, waiting a few seconds before twisting the door handle and pushing it open a fraction.

The dark room opening up to him as he waited behind the door, "mum?" He called out gently, waiting for a few seconds before opening the door fully and stepping inside.

Fingers pulling his sleeves over his palms as he looked at the lump on the bed. The outline of his mothers body under the duvet made his heart tug.

"Mum?" He spoke just above a whisper as he neared her unmoving body.

Seeing his mother like this made him feel hopeless and sad. She was always so jovial and happy but ever since the incident she was gloomy and doleful.

She had her days, trying to be strong for Jisung and hoping to make him feel better. But she was still hurting and some days were worse than others. This day specifically and she has not left her room once.

"Did you want me to bring you anything?" He asked, looking over the bed to see if she was awake but the duvet covered every inch of her body.

Eyes stinging as he watched his mother intently. Hand coming out to touch her shoulder but it stop mid-air. Pausing for a moment before dropping his hand to the side and exhaling.

His eyes flickered to her bed side table to see the plate of food that he had prepared her that she had not touched and his lips downturned.
Gently he picked up the plate of cold food to not wake her up.

"I'll just, go then," he turned and started walking off, looking back once more at his mothers figure before closing the door to leave her in the pitch blackness.

Solemnly dragging his feet down the hall he pushed the food into the bin and put the plate into the sink. His heart feeling heavy as he hated seeing his mother in this state.

Eyes blurring with tears as he clenched his jaw trying to hold in his emotions.

He needed an escape, fresh air to calm his mind down so when he faced his mother again he could be strong for her.

Beelining his way into his room he quickly pulled his suit on, discarding if the hoodie and sweats as he opened his bedroom window- stepping out onto the fire escape before extending his hand and shooting a web upwards.

Body jerking forward as it caught onto a building and in no time he was swinging through the concrete city.

Buildings passings him as he used his strength to pull him through the air.

Using both hands to shoot webs to catapult him further up. Jisung was currently airborne. Legs up as he started falling towards a random rooftop.

The sound of the wind around him acted as a white noise to the ringing he could hear in the back of his ears.

Feet gently landing on the ground as he caught himself last minute and he stood next to the ledge.

People roaming the streets below him as oblivious to the loss he was experiencing.

He sat on the ledge of the building, feet dangling off the side and a gust of wind twirled it's way around him.

Suit covering him from the chill but he could still feel the chill.
Hand coming up to wipe away the tears that started to wet the mask. Pulling it over his head and holding it in his hands as he looked out at the city.

Eyes flickering over the the building that was now under construction and he felt his heart tighten.

A tear rolling down his cheek as he squeezed his eyes shut. The sound of his brothers frantic voice echoing in his head, tormenting him and soon the sound of the explosion followed suit.

Hunched over as he rested his head in his hands, Jisung thought about his mother and how she was hurting but he couldn't help.

Fists clenching hold of his mask tight as he felt burdened and sad. His brothers face showed behind his eye lids as he squeezed them shut.

The imagine of his lifeless body filling his mind and he clenched his jaw, forcing his eyes open as he looked out to the city.

Happy people with their friends and family walked below him and his grip on his mask tightened.

Jaw hurting as his teethed clenched together harder, fingers coming up to his sideburns to push them down habitually.

The ringing of his phone brought him out of his trance for a second as he ran the back of his hand over his face, wiping away his tears and clearing his throat, before answering the phone.

"Hello?"
"Jisung?" At the sound of his mothers frail voice he felt his heart lurch. She had been crying and he could tell in the way her voice wavered.
"Mum? Are you okay? Is something wrong?" He frantically got up from his position, pulling his mask over his head in preparation to swing back to the apartment in case she was in trouble.

"I'm okay, don't worry. Are you out?"
"Yeah I am, I'm just at the 7/11," he assured her, eyes zoning in on the convenience store that was across the street from him.
There was a brief silence making Jisungs eyebrows purse together, confused and worried as to why his mother made the sudden call.

"On your way home... could you perhaps pop into the chemist and pick up my prescription please, darling"
Jisungs eyes widened and his heart stopped beating.

"A-are you sure? Are you sure you need it?" He could feel his gut drop when she told him to hurry up and with a timid "okay" he ended the call, stumbling back until his back hit a wall and his eyes lined with tears once more.

Head tilting up to the night sky and his lip quivered in sorrow, he really couldn't help anyone.

He couldn't help his brother when he needed him and now he can't even help his mother.

What an amazing superhero he was.

Poor Jisung :(

Poor Jisung :(