→ 6

Gloomy dark grey clouds covered the sky, shielding the sun from the earth and causing a misty darkness to envelop the city

Rain poured on this Summers day. Loud, harsh, hurtful- painful as the droplets hit the skin of those who stood in the cemetery.

Dead shrubs soaking in the tears of the clouds and hoping that it would be enough for them to turn green once more.

Cries from around him muffled into nothingness- words of sorrow and condolences strung into the piercing sound of ringing as he stood in front of the grave that had been dug up.

His brother laying dead in a casket six feet down as people started shoveling dirt on top of him.

He could feel the heavy weight of peoples hands tapping his back as they walked past him, making him sway a little but he didn't tear his eyes away from where his brother laid.

He was grateful to the rain- it concealed his tears.
Not that he had anything left to cry after the week of constant melancholy.

He was on autopilot. His body lost as he wandered around without a purpose.

He couldn't go to school, how was he meant to study or pay attention when he dissociated from the world. Because his world was gone.

His brother, his only friend, his best friend, was gone.
And he wasn't coming back.

←→

It had been a few days since the funeral, and Jisungs mother had finally convinced him to go back to school.

Not that he wanted to, he wished he could stay in bed, sleep his life away. At least then he didn't have to come to the realisation that he was actually gone.

He was just an empty shell walking into the campus as the stares went unknown to him.

His head down, earphones in blasting music to conceal the whispers, he just wanted to make it through today and leave as soon as he could.

The first few lessons dragged on slowly, minutes turned into hours and he felt like he was being tortured.

Pitiful stares directed to the boy made him want to scream. Fist clenched hard by his side, nails digging into the soft skin of his palm and making deep crescent shape dents.

Heart beating fast and he couldn't handle everyone looking at him, overwhelmed he stood up abruptly, picking up his bag as he rushed out the classroom door- expecting his teacher to call out to him but he guesses they felt too sorry for him to try.

Pushing open the door the the bathroom he made his way into one of the cubicles, locking the door behind him as he dropped his bag and sat on the closed toilet seat.

The sharp exhales of his breathing filled the expanse of the room as he leant back against the walls.

Eyes closed as he mind flashed with the words of their last phone call, bright lights flickering behind his eyes as he remembers the explosion and his hands came up to his head.