Chapter Thirteen

Alexia

        I was lowkey panicking right now. It was 6:50 and I haven't even chosen what to wear. Eve said to dress nice, but not too formal. How the hell was I supposed to do that?

       I ended up choosing to wear a black pair of dress pants and a nicer shirt. I didn't really like wearing heels because I'm already 5'10, so I wore a boot-like dress shoe. My hair was down and curled and I had no make-up on, choosing to go all-natural. 

      I hoped I dressed good enough because I'm already a nervous wreck. I don't need the added pressure while already worrying if I'm doing everything else right.

       I've never been in a relationship before. Sure, I've slept with a few girls here or there, but it was a one-and-done type of thing. I made my intentions clear with them. It wasn't fair to get into a relationship with some girl when I was already in love with someone else. Even if I didn't truly realize it at the time. 

     Plus, emotional cheating is just as bad as physical cheating. 

      While I was stuck in my head, my dad made his way into my room. I didn't notice until he was standing right next to me as I looked in my mirror.

       "I'm proud of you, you know?"

         "Yeah, I do."

      We didn't say anything else to each other. I guess I never really believe that he was actually proud of me, but I've been getting better at excepting things like that. I've been going to regular therapy and group therapy. Group therapy is actually helping way more than I thought it would. I haven't shared my story yet, but even just listening to people share theirs has helped a lot. I guess I found comfort in knowing what the people around me are struggling through. If they can get through it, so can I. 

       We just stood there for a few minutes while we hugged. I knew he was excited for me to be going on my first date, and I'm pretty sure he knows who it's with. But I know he's sad that I'm growing up and getting out there. If Eve thought her parents were bad, I can almost guarantee that my dad is going to be a million times worse. It was only a matter of time before he pulled out his camera.

       We were brought ut of our little bubble by someone knocking on the front door. I ran for it, grabbing my phone and bag on the way out. I practically threw the door open in excitement. When I did, I was met with the sight of Evelynne. 

      She was wearing a looser black dress and black heels while holding a bouquet of sunflowers in her hand. 

      "You look amazing," I breathed out. I knew I was staring, but I couldn't help. She looked to beautiful not to. "And you brought me my favorite flowers."

     "That I did. You look absolutely amazing too," she said as she raked her eyes over my body. I blushed, unused to the attention.

     "Let me put these in some water before my dad goes full dad-mode on us."

      I took the flowers out of her hands and we walked to the kitchen together. I filled up the vase with water as my dad came back down the stairs. And just like I predicted, he was holding his camera.      

       "Daaaaaad, come on. We don't need our picture taken."

       "Yes, you do. Don't even try to argue with me on this one. My baby's going on her first date I have to make sure to capture the memory."

       Evelynne laughed at the conversation before pulling me towards the door to pose for the picture. I had a feeling this was payback for finding her parents funny. 

       My dad was practically in tears as he took like a thousand pictures of us. It felt like he was just dragging it out to torture me, but I knew he wasn't trying to. He just gets a little emotional about me growing up.

      After we were done with the pictures, my dad wished us goodbye and we made our way to the date location. I didn't really know where we were going. But I knew it had to be somewhere that was at least a little fancy. I tried to ask where we were going, but I was immediately shut down.

      "Stop asking. It's called a surprise for a reason." 

     Well, she was sure blunt about it. I couldn't help but grin at her. I was just so happy. I was finally on a date with someone I was in love with. I honestly thought this day might never come. It was surreal. I used to think that I wouldn't find anyone, but I guess I was wrong.

      She pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant. It honestly looked really fancy and I already felt underdressed, so this was just making it worse. 

     As if she could sense my thoughts Eve said, "Take a deep breath and relax. You look great and your outfit is perfect for this place. I promise." Maybe she could read my mind.

     I did as she said and tried to calm down. I didn't want to ruin the night with me being a baby. I could put my anxiety to the side for just one night. I had to. I just felt like everything needed to be perfect because I don't know what I would do if everything went wrong. 

     We got out after a few minutes of just breathing together. It always helps me calm down when she takes deep breaths with me. I don't know why, though. Maybe because it feels like I'm not alone?

     The inside of the restaurant was actually not as fancy as I thought it would be. I think it's perfect. It was still a very nice restaurant, but it wasn't too formal. I looked around and everyone was dressed similar to us. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder even if I didn't even realize it was there. 

     The hostess took us to a table in the back corner. It was private and secluded. It was honestly quite perfect, to be honest. We held hands over the table as we looked at the menu.

     I looked up at her a smiled and she smiled back.

      Maybe everything would be okay.

-----------------------------------------

Hello! I know I haven't been posting that regularly. School has been really beating me up the last few weeks, but I'll try to get more out this weekend. 

Thank you all so much for reading!