Chapter 24: Preparations

Start from the beginning

Hyungsik lovingly pulls Hoseok into his arms as they eat to let Hoseok know that he is there for him. Hoseok snuggles into his mate's arms and reminds himself that he still has his mate.

"I love you, Hobi." Hyungsik whispers and kisses his mate's forehead.

"I love you too." Hoseok smiles and looks up at his mate.

After dinner, they all go to their own rooms and cuddle with their mates.

"Two weeks." Taehyung quietly mutters as he plays with the golden necklace around Jungkook's neck that he had given him so long ago.

"Two weeks." Jungkook repeats and pulls Taehyung closer.

They are both thinking that the best case scenario is that Taehyung will get to go with Jungkook while the worst case is that they will be separated. This is Taehyung's biggest fear. 

"We should pack our bags. I'm sure they won't let us take very much with us." Taehyung mutters as continues to play with the necklace.

"That's a good idea so that we aren't having to pack in a hurry." Jungkook goes along with Taehyung because this is the only thing they can do other than deny the obvious.

"I wonder how many others know about this." Taehyung sighs and closes his eyes.

"I'm not sure."

"When is does it all become too much?" Taehyung whispers as tears stream down his face.

"When we break. That's when it becomes too much. For me, that is when they harm my family, you. That is when I break." Jungkook answers and looks into Taehyung's teary eyes.

"Are all of the cities doing this?" Taehyung asks as he looks at Jungkook.

"I heard that they are. I also heard that there has been resistance in many cities. I am guessing this is why they are building the fence." Jungkook explains as he runs his fingers through Taehyung's hair.

"If resistance happens here, will you fight?" Taehyung asks as he clings to Jungkook.

"Yes, because we will be in danger if a war breaks out. I will fight to protect us." Jungkook tells Taehyung and gently places his hand on Taehyung's cheek.

"I love you so much. No matter what happens, I will stay by your side." Taehyung sniffles and kisses Jungkook.

"I love you too. And I promise to stay by your side as well." Jungkook smiles and snuggles Taehyung in his protective embrace.

When Jungkook wakes up, he hears Taehyung rustling around their room, so he sits up and watches Taehyung's white tail stick out from a suitcase. As Jungkook watches Taehyung, he hears Taehyung muttering.

"Pup, do you need help?" Jungkook chuckles as he gets out of the bed and walks over to his mate.

"Sure. I'm just making sure that all of our important papers are in here." Taehyung explains as he looks up at his mate and his white hair falls in his face.

"Mm ok. Let me go through them to make sure." Jungkook smiles and brushes Taehyung's hair out of his face.

Taehyung smiles and watches Jungkook because there is that fear that they will get separated. He is terrified of that possibility. After a few minutes, Jungkook sets all of the papers back in the suitcase.

"Ok, it all looks here." Jungkook tells Taehyung then smiles when Taehyung crawls into his lap. "Did you not sleep well, Pup?" Jungkook asks as he pets Taehyung's ears.

"No. I couldn't sleep." Taehyung pouts and looks up at Jungkook.

"That's ok. You can sleep in my lap." Jungkook smiles and carries Taehyung to their bed.