Chapter 5: Even Stars Cry

"Jungkook! It's time to go eat dinner!" Jungkook's cell mate's yell startles Jungkook.

"Is it already time, Hyung?" Jungkook asks as he looks at the clock.

"Mhm. You've been practicing all day. If you aren't careful, you'll wear yourself out." Jungkook's hyung says as he stops Jungkook from continuing hitting the punching bag over and over again.

"Wow, I didn't realize it." Jungkook mumbles as he unwraps his hands.

"Are you ok?" His hyung asks when he realizes the young wolf is so tense.

"He sent me a gift again this year." Jungkook sighs as he pulls the gift out of his pocket.

"You didn't tell me the arctic fox was rich." His hyung smirks as he exams the golden chain Taehyung sent Jungkook for his 16th birthday.

"He's not." Jungkook sadly mumbles as he looks at the precious gift.

"Oh."

"He must have gotten a job and saved up." Jungkook quietly mumbles as he fights the urge to cry.

"You miss him." Jungkook's hyung softly says as he watches the younger wolf fight his tears.

"Fuck." Jungkook huffs as he wipes his eyes.

"You don't have to forget him. Just become someone who can be worthy of him and protect him before you pursue him. When I told you not to have a mate, I did not realize that you already had someone at such a young age. I also didn't realize he's as dedicated to you as you are to him. Just remember that they can rip you from him in a blink of an eye." Jungkook's hyung tells him as he watches Jungkook struggle with his emotions.

"But I don't want to have to see him cry because I am dragged away again." Jungkook mutters as he remembers Taehyung pleas.

"To be honest, if he is really this dedicated to you, he is probably still crying for you. He probably will miss you for the rest of his life. I think you two gave each other the only thing you can never give to anyone else. I know this sounds cheesy, but we can only give our hearts once unlike many of the other hybrids." The hyung explains while he comfortingly pats Jungkook's back.

"He'll be safer without me. Hearts heal and forget." Jungkook quietly mumbles and puts on the necklace Taehyung gave him.

For the next several days, Jungkook's determination for a better life becomes a flaming fire. His hyung quietly watches as Jungkook realizes the fight he will have to put up against the world in order to survive. Living in the light and happiness is not a life for them.

"You have your first fight tonight." Jungkook's hyung tells him.

"In jail?" Jungkook asks shocked.

"Mhm. There is an outdoor arena of sorts. Most of us become famous while in jail. Once you're famous in the underground here, you become famous out there. Illegally of course. But the better you do here, the better you do out there." His hyung explains while getting Jungkook ready for the fight.

"What am I supposed to do?" Jungkook asks as they walk towards the yelling of the crowd.

"Win." This is all Jungkook's hyung tells him before pushing him out in front of his opponent.

Jungkook looks around the crowd in shock as he watches the guards and prisoners mingle and bet. Even the warden is here. What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

"FIGHT!" The warden suddenly yells then Jungkook's opponent charges.

There are no rules in this arena. Remember that. Jungkook's body and mind come alive when the adrenaline and excitement kick in. Before Jungkook knows it, his heart is racing and his body is on fire. For once, he is not holding back. All of his anger, fear, determination, loneliness, and sorrow make his fists soar and his jumps fly.