Chapter 16 Mrs. Forester

Amy Pov

I don't know how long we have been in this bus, but I know it been a while now. When the bus come to a stop, everyone come out of it. When I come down, I almost fell down, a man help me, and I thank him. Am always been serve wherever I go, am not use to carrying my bags myself.

I told a lady where am going, and she said it one hour journey from here, she said I can take a bike or treks, because the bike is too costly. But I assume her that I can pay. She took me to the place where I take a bike. I sit down and the lady help me to put my bags on my laps. My legs are fucking weak. When he stop, I put down my luggage before coming down.

I paid him and he leave. Everyone look at me and pass by me. Hello please do you know Mrs. Forester House, I ask a young lady. Go ask over their, she said pointing at a house for me to go ask. Hi, please am going to Mrs. Forester House, I ask the old woman.

She call out her son and ask him to take me there. Thank God, I let out a breath and follow the young man. He knock on the door, but no one answered. They've gone to farm, he said. Thanks you can go I will wait, I said. The young man leave and I sit down by the gate. I rest my head on my bag.

I call Daniel but he did not pick my calls, I try calling him more than twice this time around but he did not pick up his call, when I try calling him for the last time, his phone was switched off. I know he off his phone, that means I will have to wait.

Everyone pass by me and look at me. I keep sitting not moving away from their. Child why don't you come wait for them in my house, it will take awhile before they come back, an old woman said. Grandma it okay I will wait, I said with a smile. I don't know anyone here, I don't even know if am at the right house, but I will keep waiting.

I wait from afternoon till dawn. When I checked my time it pass eight in the evening. I feel dizzy, am about to sleep off, when i see a flash light, I raise up my head to see a woman and a young lady about my age or more. How may I help you young lady? The woman ask? I stand up and hold my head with my right hand.

Am looking for Mrs. Forester, I said feeling dizzy. Am Mrs. Forester, how may I help you? Good evening ma, am Amy, I said. Oh! My dear, you must be Amy Nathaniel, she said with a smile. Yes, you must be Daniel mom, I ask. Yes dear, come in, she open the gate and I follow her in with the other lady.

I keep looking back. Oh! He branch at a friend house it will take him awhile to get here, Mrs. Forester said. She give me water and I drink, I really need this. I take off my shoes. My legs are swollen, and I stink of sweat. You must need a shower, Mrs. Forester said. Yes ma... follow me dear, she said and I followed her.

She take me to a room, this is Daniel room, and that's bathroom, Mrs. Forester said. Thanks ma, I said. You don't need to be polite dear, she said and walk out of the room while I went inside the bathroom to take a shower.