Thankful.

Chapter 5, My Own Summer.

~ Nathan's POV ~

"NATHAN!" I heard Dalton yell, he came looking for us. The game must be over by now. After what me and Kyle did, my mind is a whoozy. I never thought in my life I would have sex with my best friend. MY BEST FRIEND, who's also a guy. I'm not gay, am I?.. There's no way, I have a girlfriend.
Oh right.
I have a girlfriend.
She completely slipped my mind.
How did it end up like this?

"Bro, what took you all so long? The game is almost over! I can't be-" Dalton paused. He starred at me and Kyle.
Our hair was messy, sweat covered our
bodies. Our cheeks were red. Oh god, we're so caught.
"What's up? Are you all, okay?" Dalton paused, his voice sounded stern. He seemed worried, but also suspicious of what went down.
"Uh, Kyle was just, having a panic attack after smoking, it just make his anxiety bad. He was crying so, I'm hugging him for comfort." I quickly got out, so neither of them could say anything.
"Oh, makes sense I guess.." Dalton said as he walked down to us. "Aleigha and Ken are ready to go, that game was crazy. It was 23-30! I swear Floyd Central sucks." Dalton snickered, thank god he doesn't know we fucked.
"Yeah, we can get going soon. We'll be up right as soon as Kyle calms down." I say with a quick smile in return.
"Alright, see y'all soon then." Dalton says before he runs up the bleachers to the girls again.

"That was a close one, don't you say?" I looked down at Kyle, laughing between my sentence.
"Yeah, haha.. That was a good cover up." Kyle mumbled, before giving me a kiss on the cheek.
"We should probably get going. I'll take you all home." I say before releasing from our hug and heading for the stairs.
"Aww, okay." Kyle says, walking shortly behind me.

~ Time skip ~

We were all in the car, laughing about how the football sucked.
"Yeah, and then some kid got tackled and broke his fucking leg! We all had to take a kneel for them!" Aleigha said, laughing between her words.
"Yeah, it was fucking hilarious!" Ken followed.
"Then, then, fucking, uh, the coaches had to come get the damn kid off the fucking field! It was awful!" Dalton said, wheezing.
It was pretty fucked how they were making fun of some kid fracturing his leg on the field. But, oh well, football is a dangerous sport.
"How about some food before we head home?" I say, hoping they'd say yes. After all that, 'work-out', I was starving. I'm sure Kyle was too.
"YES!" They all screamed out.
"Alright alright, where to?" I questioned.
"How about.. Taco Bell?" Aleigha suggested, then Dalton followed along,"That sounds good, I'd kill for a taco right now."
"Bro, me too." Kyle said, giggling.
"Taco Bell it is." I said before turning into the lane so we can get Taco Bell. I'm glad we didn't have to argue over what food place as we normally did.

~ another time skip ~

After we all got our food, I started to take them home.
One, by one.
First it was Ken.
Then Aleigha.
Next Dalton.
And last, Kyle.

It was a silent ride, the music softly played in the background. I think it was "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" By Deftones. I didn't really listen to them that much, but their music was good.
It was definitely a song you'd bang your head too, I enjoyed it personally. It was a good song to go with the driving.
"We should do this more often." Kyle broke the silence.
"We should?" I questioned. "Like, hang out more often?"
"Yes, especially now that it's summer, let's make it our OWN summer. With the gang, y'know ?" Kyle smiled in his words, I wasn't gonna turn this down. Hanging with them took the stress away. I loved them all.
"Definitely." I smiled, before pulling up to Kyle's house.
"See you tomorrow then?" Kyle said, before opening the car door.
"Most certainly." I looked over at him, smiling in reassurance.
"Hell yeah." Kyle said, getting out of the car, shutting the door behind him. I watched as he walked up his driveway then into his house, just making sure he was safe before I left.
I eventually pulled out of his driveway and headed home. Tonight was definitely something to remember.

Our Own Summer.
I loved that idea.

// A/N \\
706 words, very short chapter but this is the conclusion. I hope you enjoyed it :).

@kyle..wyaa
on tiktok :)