"I'm sorry." "I don't think you're a bad guy... You made a stupid mistake but I believe you love Scarlett and honestly this whole week I have been telling Lizzie about how much I want to stab you in the neck." "I'm glad you didn't" "I calmed down on my way over here honestly. Last night I was furious with you." "I'm sorry." "You're saying sorry to the wrong person." "You're my friend and I let you down." "There's still time to fix things. This isn't you. You're attentive and caring and yeah you piss Scarlett off from time to time but that's your charm." He chuckled. he teases Scarlett all the time. "So did she go back to her place?" "No she's staying with Liz and I." 'You two moved in together?" I frowned. "No, she's staying with me whilst she's here for a few days." "Oh... Sorry." I shrugged. "Does she hate me?" "Scarlett or Lizzie?" "Both?" "More chances of getting forgiveness from Scar than Lizzie but she'll come around." He nodded and looked back at the scan. "Keep it," I tell him. "Do they know you came?" "No, Lizzie told me I wasn't allowed, I think she was scared she'd have to collect me from the police station." "That mad huh?" "I'm protective of my friends." "So what changed?" "I had to understand what you're going through. I mean I'm still pissed at you, you were a dick to her and she deserves a whole lot better than the way you treated her." I warn him. "But she was scared too and I have to respect that you were scared too. At least you didn't make me hold your pee sticks." "She really made you hold them." I nodded pulling a face he laughed. "Screamed at me to take them." "Sounds like her." I nodded again. "You've got this Colin. Neither of you is alone in this but I swear to God. You walk out on her and the baby again I will kick your ass and throw you in the river with bricks tied around your ankles." "You look cute but you're kind of vicious." "It's part of the whole thing I have going on." I joke with him. "I mean it, don't do this again. Even when you're terrified you can't leave her, she needs you. You need her you have to be there for one another and you've got my number you feel yourself freaking you put a brave face on and call me when you're away from her. Lizzie has this game... What if. I'm pretty good at it." "What if?" "You say what if I drop the baby. And I would say, well babies' bones are soft so they'll be fine and the likelihood of you dropping your baby are very slim. Or What if you're a terrible father and I would say impossible." He nodded understanding. "Thank you." "It's what friends are for." "Yeah and if you need to... I don't know, find a sense of humour hit me up." I threw a cushion at him laughing.

"So tomorrow?" "Lizzie and I are going out in the morning to the gym so you can come over then we normally work out for two hours. If she gets upset and asks you to leave please leave her to simmer and try again another day it's not going to be fixed in one night." "Yeah, I understand." "Nell?" "Colin?" "Thank you for taking care of her all this time... I know things are difficult between you and Lizzie where Scars involved." "Lizzie isn't a monster she knew her friend was scared and needed support and with her being in LA and Atlanta she was happy for me to offer that support." "I know I just, she told me you couldn't be friends and she was upset about that and then you guys haven't been as close since but you stepped up." "We've both been busy and we understand that. I'm always going to be there for her no matter what and Lizzie is over it." I dismiss. "You sure?" "I hope so because Scarlett is in my bed." "How is that working?" "She took the bed I slept on the sofa, don't worry Jost I'm not moving in on your girlfriend." I teased. "But Lizzie is back?" "She shared with Scar and I stayed on the sofa." "Oh."

"I better go the twins and Liz are meeting me in Soho." "Yeah, of course. Um, thank you. And just give Scar a hug and kiss from me." "I will." I smiled sadly. "Don't mess up, Jost." I head to the coffee shop.

-----

"Morning baby." I kissed Lizzie's cheek as I take my seat. "Scar's in the bathroom and Hunter is ordering for us." I nodded. "Espresso right?" I nodded. "Share my muffin?" "You offering?" "I am because you'll make me some tonight, right?" "Anything you want, Princess." She smiled at me. "I lied to you," I told her. Her face fell and she pulled away from me quickly. "I went to see Colin today I didn't go into the studio." "I told you not to." She looked pissed. I couldn't lie to her but would make everything bad between us and I didn't want that. "I didn't stab him." I tried to joke with her but her face was cast in stone with a scowl. "I'm not even joking, Eleanor." Ooh full name, I sit up straight. "I told you don't go over there." "I had to." "No, you didn't." "She's our friend and he's been a dick." "What did you even say to him?" "Just stuff. I was there like 20 minutes max." "What stuff?" "Just that he's an idiot for doing what he did and that we're both pissed at him and she deserved better than that. But I was also nice. Because I listened to him." She tilted her head. "He's scared." "That's a given they're having a baby and they've not even been together a year." "Almost." "No, not almost. That's like saying we've almost been together a year." "We have." "No, we haven't." "Yes, we have." We argued. "We got together the day after my birthday 31st of August." "Officially it's the 1st of January." "But we agreed." I pout. "We're celebrating twice. One year on the 31st and 1-year point 2 on the 1st." I nodded agreeing. "So technically they've nearly been together a year." "But they officially got together after your birthday in November." "And we're in May." "6 months baby." "Oh." "You passed math right because I'm going to have to dump you if you're dumb." "That's fucking rude," I say and we both laughed.