Chapter 16

chapter 16

I stood in the tent the day of the challenge, silently panicking. I was dressed in a purple shirt with silver sleeves and white pants. Over my heart was the Gryffindor symbol. I had left my bracelet and necklace in my bag, which was with Corith in the stands. My hair was tied back in a ponytail so my scar was free for everyone to see.

Ludo Bagman appeared carrying a small purple silk bag." ladies first" he told us. Fleur and I gave each other fearful looks and I reached into the bag. My hand wrapped around something and I pulled out a silver dragon with four sets of wings and its tail was a light blue. Around its neck was the number 5" Oh dear" Bagman mumbled and I looked at him" its called the butterfly dragon, extremely dangerous, its blue tail can level a town in seconds flat" I gulped and the dragon blinked at me. I backed up Fleur took out her dragon and the boys followed.

An hour later, I was alone, but the gasps of the crowd were making me worry about Harry. Harry came back and the cannon sounded my turn. I walked out of the tent, my wand in hand. I looked around for the dragon but I didn't see it then, I heard a hissing and looked up see the bright yellow eyes of the Butterfly dragon. It watched me as I watched it" luck don't fail me now" I mumbled as the dragon walked toward me. I growled at me but I stood strong, I was afraid but I didn't show it.

I took a step forward but it seemed to turn its head at me. I frowned in confusion. It was close enough to touch and I reached my hand out, it leaned forward and I touched it nose." Not again" I mumbled and I heard the crowd gasp at the sight. I smiled and sighed" why does this always happen to me" I walked toward where the golden egg was sitting the dragon seemed to follow but it made no move yo stop me. I picked up the egg but there was no sound from the crowd until someone yelled" how does she bloody do that?". The dragon leaned toward me again and I smiled" why didn't you attack me?"

It just blinked at me and I left the arena but not before I caught a look from Moody in the stands. Back at the common room all of Griffindor was celebrating, well everyone but me, I was just confused on how the dragon just watched me. While everyone else was partying, I left the common room, with my clue. I sat at the lake with my clue, just staring at it." Dragons, werewolves, hunkypunks, snakes, what's wrong with me" I mumbled" animals hate me but the most dangerous of creatures just stare at me, like I'm not even there" I heard footsteps and looked around to find no one there.

I got up and pulled out my wand" whose there, Lumos" I cried. the area was lit up with a bright light but I didn't see anyone." Nox " I mumbled and the light went out. I picked up the egg and started walking back to the castle.

Haylee

I stopped and looked around in confusion," was that...no, not possible" I started walking again.

Haylee...Potter

I looked around the grounds in confusion." Whose there, I know your there"

Haylee potter

I ran back into the castle not looking back as the voice grew louder.