Chapter 28

"Hell's Flame!"

"Charm Pillar!"

"Open, Gate of the Water Bearer, Aquarius!"

"Reequip: Heaven's Armor!"

"Ice Make: Lance!"

"Fire Dragon's...ROAR!"

Attack after attack, failure after failure. No matter how hard we tried the monster was still stomping, closer and closer to the city, not even acknowledging our presence; like we were no more than some mere flies.

Lunar fell back, panting. "Ugh this is tiresome..."

She and Natsu had been able to make some burnt marks, but no more.

"Erza, where is the rest of the guild? I was kinda rotting in the infirmary so I wouldn't know."

Erza sighed. "They're at a bar, I believe. Probably haven't noticed the machine yet, since, well, he is kinda far off from the city."

Gray groaned. "But not for long. So are we just gonna sit here and chit-chat or at least try?"

"But shouldn't we also form a plan? Believe me, I'm all for killing this thing, but if we keep on attacking like this we won't get anywhere!" Protested Lunar.

Samuel nodded in agreement.

Natsu had said nothing, just stared at the monster who drew closer and closer.

"Natsu?"

He shook his head. "I was just thinking."

"Thinking? Now that's a new one." Mocked the Ice Mage, who earned a sharp glare from Erza. "Now's not the time, Gray."

"About what?" I asked, almost timidly.

"Gray, remember that thing you and Juvia did to fight Lyon in the last GMG?"

"Yah, I do..." His voice trailed off. "The unison raid!"

"Unison raid?" Echoed Lunar. "Aren't those, like, super hard and nearly impossible for most Mages to do?"

"Unless the two Mages have a strong bond," continued Samuel.

Erza cleared her throat, gaining our attention. "Natsu's right about the unison raid being our only chance, but so are Samuel and Lunar."

The monster made some grunting noises and we all looked up. For, sitting atop the monster, was Zeref.

"So you humans do have some brains after all!" He sneered. "Tough luck!" He then disappeared in yet another flash.

Natsu punched his fist against his other fist angrily. "I swear that guy has it comin'!"

I sighed. "He's also purposely trying to rile you up."

Erza looked at me, her gaze growing hard, serious. "I think Natsu and Lucy should try."

I could feel my face redden at just the thought of our names being joined by and.

Natsu nodded. "I'm all for it!"

Gray snickered. "Why not?"

Lunar cheered, "totally!" Samuel shook his head silently, but was smiling, not needing to tell me anything. I knew what he meant.

"Alright, Natsu..." I turned to him, my hand outstretched. "Shall we?"

"Dance? I thought we were killing a monster..." Natsu muttered.

I face palmed. "No, Natsu. Ready for the unison raid?"

His face brightened as he fist pumped the air. "One unison raid, comin' right up!"

I couldn't help but smile at this childish display.

Natsu took my hand in his, and gave it a light squeeze. "Ready?"

I smiled. "Totally."

~

We directed our hands at the monster, who was still on the move, our faces etched with determination.

"Unison RAID!" We shouted at the same time.

A bright, yellow flame suddenly hit the monster, making it almost topple over.

As soon as it regained it's balance, it's faceless head turned to us and raised a big, metal hand over our heads, about to attack.

Quickly and swiftly the two of us jumped out of the way, leaving a large pit in the ground where we once were standing.

"Damnit, it wasn't enough..." Grumbled Natsu.

I shook my head. "Guys, watch out!"

The monster had raised a large foot over Erza, Gray, Samuel and Lunar, preparing to destroy.

To kill.