Chapter 22

"Me? From the future?"

The girl in the hood rolled her eyes. "I swear you could be a recording machine..."

I shook my head. "But wait...Does that mean your name is Lucy too?"

The girl shook her head and looked disgusted. "No. I lost that wretched name long, long ago." She spat.

"My new name? You can call me Leila."

I paused. "W-wait...Leila is..."

"Your 'long lost sister that died in combat years ago'." She said, reciting exactly what Lunar had told me.

"Yes, I know. I programmed Lunar to say that."

"Programmed?"

Leila sighed. "There you go again. With the echoing. And I guess you could call it programming...more like I genetically modified her with my magic to get her to say anything I want...to change her actions right now, to help change my future..."

"Does--"

"Samuel or mother know?" She grinned. "Now that's a secret."

Before I could say anything, she continued. "How do I know what you're about to say? Because you're me, I am you."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully before adding, "a few years into the future, of course."

Leila then grinned. "So your 'sister', Lunar, is nothing more then my creation now, and your 'friend', Samuel, is soon under my control."

No. Nothing she says can be true...after all I'd experienced with the two of them, we had become close.

"Now turn that frown upside down. After all, a few years in the future, you will thank me."

I barely managed to squeak out a "why".

"Because in a few years your precious sister, Lunar kills the one closest to you. Because the one closest to you, Lucy, is none other than a demon of Zeref..."

Her voice falters for a spilt second, and her face is full of sadness, although she quickly covers it up.

"But she does nothing other then hurt you, when she was trying to protect you. Which is why I have switched to Zeref--in hopes he can be resurrected."

"Wait, I switched to Zeref?!"

She says nothing for a moment, before continuing. "I have already said too much. Remember: utter any of this to your guild mates, and you will pay the ultimate price."

And with that, she disappeared in a flash.

The ropes that had been previously tied around my arms dissolved into some odd powder.

I ran back to the guild, wondering what I was going to tell them...

~

(Natsu's P.O.V.)

We had been in the guild discussing how we were going to avenge Lucy, right when she burst into the guild panting heavily.

"N...Natsu...." She spoke between breaths.

The entire guild gasped. "L-Lucy?"

She nodded. "S-some guy he...he..." Before she could finish, though, the blonde Mage collapsed in a tired and worn out heap.

She had a lot of explaining to do...

~

(Lucy's P.O.V.)

"Lucy what the hell happened?!" Lunar demanded, right after Erza had asked me the exact same thing.

"Lucy-Sama you're hurt!" Samuel explained, looking as if all hope had been lost.

"Oi, oi, lay off the girl she just woke up!" Natsu said, before shuffling to me and adding, "Although I would enjoy hearing what happened..."

"Natsu you hypocrite..." Gray muttered under his breath as he peeked into the infirmary door.

"Lu-Chan it's quite a party you got here." Levy said with a grin.

"Aye sir!" Happy commented.

I managed to force a smile. Lying to them would not be easy...

~After her fake "explanation"~ (I won't bore you guys with that...)

"Okay, so you're telling me someone kidnapped you and you managed to get away?! I mean, I'm worried for you and all, but that sounds amazing!"

"Natsu, be considerate for the girl's feelings for once..." Gray mumbled.

As the two began to duke it out, Lunar and Samuel both turned to me. Lunar spoke first. "I know when you're lying, Neesan..."

She covered up her dark expression with a smile before adding, "but I know you're not, because you'd never lie to your sister..." Her smile grew. "Right?"

"Lunar, who're you trying to convince here?" Samuel piped up.

"Yah know, one of these days I'm going to smash your face in with flames."

Samuel seemed to shrink at the thought of it. "But...what about the Grand Magic Games? Will I still be able to participate? Will I--"

"Woah, woah calm down."

I looked up to see Erza frowning. "You're hurt, Lucy. You almost died. You escaped from a kidnapper. The games will go on, but until otherwise, you're disqualified."

I let a long, heavy sigh. Great.

"I'll still be able to watch, though, right? So I can up my magic knowledge?"

'And maybe save the world from a dark demon?' I added silently in my head.

Erza nodded. "Why not? It's not like any kidnapper or creepy person would try to steal you away at the games!"

The rest of the group, excluding Natsu and I, laughed.

I cringed, and Natsu saw me, looking concerned. Was he onto me?

~

Zeref giggled gleefully from underneath the coat, like a child who had just been presented with a pony.

"Oh, my little demon..." He purred.

Lucy, also known as Leila, smiled at her master's behavior although deep down she wanted to kill him, kill Zeref here and now, because of the plans he had for his "demon".

"Yes, Zeref..."

"My favorite demon of all..." He said between giggles. "Code name: Natsu."

A/N: sorry if Leila's story is confusing, so I'll sum it up for those who don't get it. Basically she's future Lucy and in her timeline Lunar kills Natsu because he turns out to be Zeref's demon, otherwise known as E.N.D. So Lunar tries to play the knight in shining armor. But it doesn't work out for some, especially Leila (Lucy) who had just realized her feelings for the Dragon Slayer. So now she has switched to Zeref after murdering Lunar in cold blood, in hopes she can somehow get Zeref to resurrect him, then steal him away and use Natsu's powers against Zeref and Lucy hopes they'll all live happily ever after. Want a shorter explanation? Future Lucy is against Zeref, only working with him because she wants to save Natsu, although Zeref himself doesn't know that. She also went back in time and pretended to be Lucy's "older sister" and then "died" in combat when she really just returned to her natural timeline.

Also sorry for the rant and the bad chapter!