Chapter 13- Kent Manor

A few weeks later, and many feeding frenzies for my boys, and the decoration of my home in Kent was nearly done. I felt like I should be in an episode of Cribz. My house should be a museum of modern art. While my parents just dropped over a billion dollars on the construction of my new home, they may have lied to me about how much my grandparents left to them. Not only was it passive income that was left to them, which technically meant it wasn't a lie when I was quoted that my grands had only left them a few million, they failed to mention that they had nearly fifty million a month in passive income due to my grandparents' savvy use of their time and money, which, of course, meant that my family had the potential to be in the elite for many generations.

Considering my parents made over half a billion dollars a year, they didn't place my card on hold. I thought, for sure, they would tell me to ease up on the spending, but they hadn't so much as scorned me for paying for lavish items to fill my home. While it was hard to negotiate with Musée D'Orsay for the right to purchase Starry Night, which was my favorite painting ever, I eventually convinced them to sell it for triple its market value. I paid roughly three hundred million to have my favorite painting mounted above my hand-carved bed frame, which was also pricey.

I would spend entirely too much money on my decorations. But if I was going to live forever, I wanted to be surrounded by things that would root me into my past.

The exterior was all black with dashes of white and grey to break up the monotony. I was adamant about the size of my garage, but it was like Batman or Ironman's houses. There was a tunnel that led downstairs to the bottom floor.

With several entrances and exits, there was no way anyone could destroy my entire coven. For if someone was stupid enough to attack us, we'd have been able to flee in many different directions, and while some of us may have been killed, the alarm sirens— a safety feature I had in every room— would be sounded so the rest of the coven could survive, and, of course, get our vengeance for our fallen brethren.

After I would park one of the many cars I planned on having in the basement area, I could take the elevator up to the main level or go out through the automatic sliding doors to the regulation size soccer pitch through a tunnel much like the football stars came out before a game.

While my house had about half as many rooms bedrooms as the largest house in the world, the bedrooms were vastly larger, with the house alone stretching just over two thirds of a mile. I probably didn't need such a grand home. But I wanted to have space for my coven to truly grow, and my parents had agreed to the expansive home, so why not?

There were 520 bedrooms, twenty elevators, and fifty stairwells in my home. There was even a wheelchair ramp to access different levels of the home. It was almost unnecessary to have had such luxurious items, but my parents probably shelled out so much money, because I made them feel guilty for adopting another prodigy child, and not just any child: a teenager. A teenager I would have literally nothing in common with, yet I would have to split my inheritance in half. I wasn't thrilled about that, but I was a vampire, I would need far more than a few billion dollars to live for eternity.

I basically lived in a stadium, the roof was even retractable over the soccer field, which was in the very center of the house. I spent weeks exploring my new home. It was twenty-six levels, including the basement, but I had the place fully furnished within weeks, which certainly took a bit of cozying up to my mom and dad for financial assistance, as it cost well over my monthly stipend, based off the trust my parents had set up for me.

There were several master's bedrooms, so it was very difficult picking just one. I could have claimed all of them, so I would never have had to see anyone in the coven should I have wished not to, but I allowed Jacob and Edward to have two of the others. I had already decided I would live on the top floor, which probably wasn't the wisest decision in the event of an invasion, but after I grew my coven, who would dare to try to take us down. We were gunning to become not on the largest coven in the United States, but the most organized as well.