The Failed Escape

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN NINJAGO OR THE CHARACTERS, JUST THE PLOT!

A/N- I officially hate this story. I wrote this story sometime in the middle of last year, and I'm posting it now and- 🤢 My writing style has increased BIG TIME! Just want you all too know that I'm not ACTUALLY this bad at writing 😩✋
——————————————————————————
                                     Kai's POV

"Lloyd...?"

"Lloyd!"

"LLOYD?!"

I now grab his shoulders as I frantically shake him, but he doesn't reply.

The master card that he was holding earlier, now lay limply on the ground a few feet away from us.

The girl named 27, was holding a hand to her mouth as she was quietly sobbing.

But why?

Why would she when we need to save Lloyd?

"LLOYD!" I scream as I lay my head against his heart. I await the low thum of his heartbeat, but it never comes.

It's completely silent.

Along with that, the steady rise and fall of his chest has disappeared. I shakily place two finger to his neck.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

"No...." I breathe as the distant sound of my friends swords clashing against the bad men's fills my ears. "NO!"

I bang my fists on top of Lloyd's chest, as if it would make him smile at me and walk right out of here. As if none of this ever happened.

"Please! Don't leave me! We can't live without you!" I screamed.

Silence.

Tears freely flooded down my face, as hard as I tried to hold them back. I loudly sobbed as I held him tightly against his chest.

"I promised..." I whispered.

"I promised I'd save you..."

"And I failed you..."

I then shakily get up as I look over to the girl next to me.

"Protect him for me..." I sobbed as I wiped my tears. "He would want you too."

I then pull out the extra sword Lloyd insisted I carried with me out. I then angle it as I run toward the man who started all this.

This madness.

This broken heart.

This loss.

This heartache.

He's going.. to PAY!

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU!"

I run forward as I harshly slash my sword against his, as the others quickly step back.

I ram my sword back into his. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see the other racing to help but I respond as he pushes me back.

"GUYS! GO AND GET EVERYONE OUR OF HERE!" I scream as I plunge my sword toward him, but he blocks me.

"This is my fight."

I look back to see 27 holding out a large dagger, as she pointed it at the man in front of me.

"You caused this! YOU KILLED LLOYD!"

She then charged at him with full speed, as I quickly followed after.

I could hear footsteps of everyone directing everyone to the now open gates, thanks to the master card.

I then heard distant yells of freedom, and groans at the bright light. They all cheered happily, as if the one who saved him hadn't died for them. It made my blood boil as rage filled my every step.

I then let out a loud battle cry as I run forward, as 27 seems to be battling him.

With him being so unprepared, he doesn't have enough time to dodge my attack.

The sword made a weird squish sound as his shrill scream filled the air as the sword plunged into his heart.

27 gasped in shock as the man in front of me stumbles backward, while clutching the sword that seemed to have pierced through his heart.
I can't help but feel a sense of happiness at this scene.

He then bumped into a wall as he slumped against it. He then landed on the ground, as he now lay on his back. He lightly glares at me as I woke up to him.

"You.. are too late.. he's gone..!" He laughed sourly as he coughed a little bit of blood out. I growled at him as I grabbed hold of the sword.

"Maybe... but I got my revenge. I avenged him. That's all that matters," I growled as I ripped the sword out of his body. His final scream echoed throughout the entire hallway, until his eyes rolled to the top of his head, as he let out his final breathe.

I shakily held a hand to my heart, as I finally feel the rapid movements. I sigh shakily as I wobble on my feet a little bit as I look over to 27.

"I-it's over..." I breathe as I hold the sword in front of me as I stare at the dark red stains.

"I can't believe..." she started as tears flowed down her face. Huh. It's as if she actually knew him better than I thought. I then saw her shift her glance towards something, and I quickly followed. It was then until I noticed what she was starting at.

"LLOYD!"

I dash to him, with 27 following behind me. I hold him close to me as I lightly sob, as I feel hundreds of people running past me to the open gates.

I now decide to do the same.

I lightly hold one of Lloyd's arms up, as I loop it around my neck. 27 shoots me an odd glance before I glare at her.

"We're not going to just leave him here! He's going to get a proper..." I lightly sniffle as I stare at his beautiful, yet slowly paling features. "A proper goodbye."

I then felt a whole lot of Lloyd's weight disappear. I look over to the side, to see 27 holding up the other side.

"I'm going to help. He's my brother, it's the least I can do."

Brother?

I'm about to question it, until she shoots me a 'I'll-tell-you-later-glance.' I nod slowly as I move forward, as Lloyd's body slumps along with us.

I really want to cry.

My heart feels empty, broken, and beyond shattered. I want to drop to my knees and cry over all the heartbreak I had to endure over these past months.

I really wish... this all could have been avoided if only I had- no.

We now walk out into the evening sun, as it engulfs us entirely, as the dark prison seemed just a little bit brighter now.

Lloyd would want me to stop blaming myself and viewing the past... and that's exactly what I'll do...