Bonus Chapter (1)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Aarohi whined and pushed him lightly. Just as she was about to complain about him annoying her, he spoke up. "It's quite impressive though." He looked at her innocently and she couldn't help but melt. Her lips that were pulled into a frown were curved upwards a little in a soft smile that said 'you're hopeless but you're my kind of hopeless'.

"Okay then," Vihaan stood up. "Should I go and bring you, your icecream, your majesty?" He bowed down dramatically with one hand behind his back and the other bent at the elbow with palm outstretched.

Aarohi took another pillow and kept it over her lap and started stroking her chin with her fingers, pretending to be in a deep thought. "I don't think I feel like having it now." She drawled.

He straightened up and said in a rhetorical tone. "Really?"

She looked at him with the corner of her eyes and replied meekly. "Maybe a little."

"Good. Wait for me." With that he left to fulfill her wish.

It was the seventh month of Aarohi's pregnancy. When they went to the doctor and she had said that Aarohi is pregnant, both freaked out. They knew they had to start a family and it was the perfect time to yet the news managed to startle them. There was a myriad of emotions that flooded them. While Aarohi was trying to form coherent words to say to the doctor, Vihaan was busy to calm his racing heart. And the doctor kept waiting for their response.

When they were back to their appartment after finally being able to talk to the doctor like responsible adults, Vihaan strictly told Aarohi that from now onwards she'll only take rest. No work, nothing. Aarohi had looked at him with pure horror and disbelief. She was just a week pregnant and Vihaan was acting as if it was her eighth or ninth month. When she didn't speak anything for a while as she was too busy comprehending if her husband was alright in his head, he assumed that she agreed to what he said. He muttered a satisfied "good" and she had blinked coming out of her trance. It took a good amount of hours to actually convince him that this is not how it works. It was hardly a week since she was pregnant. She doesn't need to rest the whole day. But he was adamant and grumpy on the fact that she doesn't know how to take care of herself. Aarohi resisted the urge to strangle him. She couldn't believe that her businessman of a husband was acting as if he knew better than her when ironically she was a freaking paediatrician. Nonetheless, although reluctantly and petulant, Vihaan had to give up in the end and Aarohi mentally thanked the heavens for the relief. It actually took almost a month for him to stop being overly conscious and protective over the littlest of things. This was new to him, to her, to both but with time, they did learn to balance and where to draw the line.

Aarohi in her original mode already used to have a lot of mood swings so pregnancy just doubled them up and Vihaan was as always her major victim. Vihaan wasn't the most patient man anyone would meet but when it came to Aarohi, nobody could handle her as well as him. Also, nobody could bring out the side of him that everyone else including him believed didn't exist like Aarohi did so easily, so effortlessly. Not to forget, the woman had become more violent. She would throw whatever she gets in her hand when she's annoyed at him. Once, she was even about to throw the empty glass that lied on the side table after emptying the content in it and making him drenched. Fortunately, she realised and stopped herself from doing so and Vihaan thanked her for letting him live.

Last month, Vihaan had to go to Mauritius for some business related stuff for four days. It was hard for him to leave her and go but he had to. It was important. He had asked Kiara and Kevin to stay with Aarohi for the time period although Aarohi tried to convince him that she'll do just fine alone. There was no need to disturb Kevin and Kiara when they had a one year old baby girl to take care of. But obviously Vihaan wouldn't take any chance and he didn't want her to feel alone in his absence. On the third day, Aarohi was missing him a little too much. She started crying hysterically and looking at her, Kriti, Kiara's daughter started crying. It was chaos and Kiara had a damn difficult time trying to calm the two kids who couldn't stop the river flowing from their eyes. Then, she had an even more difficult time to calm Vihaan down who was ready to catch the next flight and fly back to India. She legit felt that all her hair will soon turn grey with all the stress.