Chapter 40 - Honeymoon

🎶 Tu Mere Sath Hai

Published on 04.10.2021

●A U T H O R ●

"You do know that we're going there just for three days and not three weeks?" Vihaan asked cautiously as he watched Aarohi filling the suitcase with her clothes and accessories to the point that he was sure he would need a separate suitcase for his own clothes.

"Yeah." Aarohi answered mindlessly as she continued to stuff in her dresses.

Vihaan pinched the bridge of his nose frustratedly and heaved a breath. He held Aarohi by her arms and moving her away, he stood in front of the suitcase and started removing her clothes.

"What are you doing?" She asked in a high pitched voice, eyes going wide in shock.

"Aarohi!" He grabbed her wrists and glared at her when he saw her trying to stop him. "We're going for a three day honeymoon and not to reside there for a good period of time. We won't require more than half of the clothes you're packing and I'm not interested in carrying unnecessary luggage." He said sternly.

The word 'honeymoon' would always manage to make her flush. Heat rose on her neck and spread to her cheeks masking them in a light shade of crimson.

"It's not a honeymoon, it's a trip." She tried to sound firm but couldn't hide the coyness that reflected on her face as well as in her voice. Vihaan's gaze softened as a smile threatened to spill on his lips. Oh! How much he loved to see her blush.

"We're. Going. On. A. Honeymoon." Vihaan repeated, emphasizing on each word.

"It's a trip, call it as a trip!" Aarohi protested, pulling her hand from his grip. "We wouldn't be going to New York if not for the business conference you've tomorrow and don't you dare touch my clothes!" She shoved him by his waist and again started to put her clothes inside the suitcase lying on the bed. Vihaan slapped her hand making her retreat them back. "Ouch!" She yelped.

"Business trip is just for me. Honeymoon for you and us," he corrected and stepped closer to her. "Mrs Aarohi Agarwal who seems to be so confident and bold always, blushes at the mention of honeymoon. May I know why?" He teased in his deep voice. Unable to hold his intimidating gaze, Aarohi looked away, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"I hate you!" She whined like a kid and he chuckled mirthfully.

"For rendering you speechless?" Vihaan cocked a brow. "I love myself for that." He admitted shamelessly.

"Idiot." She muttered under her breath, fixing her stare on the floor below.

"Only for you." He grinned and although Aarohi tried to not let his words have an effect on her, she failed miserably and ended up blushing more.

"That's- that's so cheesy." She retorted back and shook her head at him.

Vihaan rolled his eyes. "I would've loved to continue this conversation but sadly we've to leave in a few hours and we aren't yet done with the packing. So let's focus on that." He reminded her as they'd got distracted from the task at hand.

"Don't remove my dresses please. I need them all." Aarohi made a puppy face, hoping that he would listen to her pleas but unfortunately he didn't. Instead, he acted as if he didn't hear her and neither spared a glance at her.