Bonus Chapter (1)

🎶 Yeh Lamhe Hazar Se

● A U T H O R ●

2 years later

"No Vihaan!" Aarohi whined and tilted her head to a side exasperatedly. "I don't want to eat strawberry icecream. It tastes like medicine and I'm already having lots of medicines daily."

Vihaan's shoulders drooped and he looked at the ceiling as if silently crying for help while his wife continued watching him with the same expression, sitting cross legged on the bed with her hands on her hips.

"Two days back," Vihaan started, walking towards the bed, towards her, "you asked me to bring strawberry icecream when I brought chocochips one and then I had to bring strawberry icecream. Now, you called and asked me to bring icecream. I brought the strawberry one since you'd asked for it just two days back." He said stressing on the words 'two days'.

Aarohi jutted out her lips in annoyance and threw the pillow that was lying on her lap at him just as he was about to sit on the edge of the bed making him wince. "That was two days back!" She exclaimed. "That is 172800 seconds back!" She added theatrically and Vihaan cocked a brow at her. "Probably," she muttered in a low voice sheepishly and he shook his head.

"So you want me to go back and bring you another flavour icecream this time?" He asked, his voice weary.

Aarohi smiled and nodded her head frantically. "Butterscotch."

Vihaan groaned. "I had to travel to five different places today and now you're making me run errands."

"Come-on." She said in a duh tone. "What is all this fitness for?"

Vihaan continued staring at her. There was no way he was going to win against her.

"Please.... for me and our baby." She said, gazing at him with pleading eyes and kept a hand over her bump.

Although he was utterly exhausted, he was ready to bring her another flavour of icecream or whatever she wished for the moment she said she didn't want to have the strawberry one. But it felt nice to indulge in a meaningless argument with her and watch her being her cute self.

Some things never change. Like him wanting to get a reaction out of her unnecessarily.

"You just have to step out of the house, take the lift, get out of the building, cross the street, buy the icecream pack and come back by the same route." She explained, trying to make him agree.

"Fine," he gave in. "I'm going. I'll be back in a few minutes." He smiled at her a little amidst the tiredness and she blew him a flying kiss.

He walked out of their room, wore his footwear and had just opened the main door of their apartment when he heard her shout his name. He immediately rushed back to her, not even bothering to close the door.

"What happened?" He questioned worriedly when he saw her eyes welled up with tears.

"Don't go." She said, blinking back the tears and he frowned.

Vihaan sat near her and one of his hand cupped her face as he gazed at her softly.

She looked down and said, "I'm sorry. I'm troubling you too much. You don't need to go. You're tired and you should freshen up and eat something and- "

He shut her up by placing a finger over her lips. "Shh," he chuckled, his eyes gleaming with amusement. He pulled her head closer and wrapped his arms around her face and neck. "You don't have to feel sorry for this. I'm always at your service and you've entire rights to treat me as your personal delivery boy." He kissed the crown of her head and she giggled at his words. "You're going to give me the greatest gift of my life. You've been bearing so much pain since last six months, going through so many changes and you don't even complain about them. So the least I can do is treat you like the queen you're." He admitted sincerely and she smiled against his chest. "Considering how easily you get annoyed, I'm really surprised that you've managed to keep yourself pretty calm and collected throughout."