Chapter 28 - Cupcakes

🎶 Thode Se Hum - Encore

Published on 25.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"I didn't know you were missing my company so much that you had to keep my purse close to you to feel my presence."

Vihaan's eyes snapped open at the voice that he desperately wanted to hear and he lifted his head that was tossed back on the couch. He was holding her handbag close to his chest, wounding his arms around it. He looked at Aarohi who was wearing a lilac colour sleeveless top with white shorts, her hair tied up in a loose messy bun and her arms crossed as she leaned against the showcase. Her lips automatically curved into a small smile watching him wearing striped tank shirt with black joggers and hugging her purse. Vihaan walked upto her and forwarded her purse.

"Thank you," she murmured taking her purse back and he couldn't hold back a little smile looking at her resilient nature.

"Hungry?" Vihaan inquired.

Aarohi shook her head in a no.

"The last time you must have eaten something would have been during lunch in the afternoon and now it's almost ten thirty at night." He informed her.

"I don't want to have dinner." She said tiredly, fixing her gaze down.

Vihaan sighed. He didn't want to make her upset by forcing her for something. "So what do you want to eat? Anything sweet?" He asked, remembering how she had once said that chocolates, ice creams act as mood enhancer.

"We don't have ice creams in the house." She pouted.

Vihaan thought for a while. "Would you like to have cupcakes?" He quirked a brow at her.

"We don't have cupcakes as well." Aarohi frowned.

"I'll make them." Vihaan declared, grinning. Not waiting for her response, he pulled her with him in the kitchen, took the purse from her hand and kept it above the refrigerator.

"What are- "

Aarohi gasped as he hoisted her up by her waist and made her sit on the kitchen island taking her by surprise as a faint blush crept up on her cheeks.

"What are you doing?" She voiced out her confusion when she saw him removing something from the upper cabinet.

"Eat this while I prepare the chocolate cupcakes." He said, handing her a packet of salted chips and moved towards the oven next.

Aarohi watched him dubiously as he set the microwave for preheating. She was expecting him to question her about her outburst in the restaurant and her breakdown that followed but he seemed to be least bothered about it. His focus was solely on the task at hand. She watched him remove all the necessary ingredients required and place them on the counter. She was even mentally preparing herself for an explanation she owed to him.

"Do you need any help?" She inquired, shoving a chip into her mouth as she watched him line the muffin pan with the cupcake liners.

"Nope." He replied firmly sparing her a glance.

Aarohi shrugged her shoulders. It wasn't as if she really liked to work in the kitchen. Anyways, watching Vihaan cook was like eyeing a full course meal. All in all, it was a delicious sight.

Vihaan took a bowl and added flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisked them. Then in another bowl, he whisked together eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. He added half of the wet mixture into the dry one and mixed it with half of the buttermilk. He repeated the procedure with the remaining wet mixture. Aarohi observed him intently. The man had her entire attention. Vihaan poured the batter into the liners filling them halfway. After he was done filling all the liners, he put the muffin pan inside the oven to allow them to bake.