Chapter 21 - Blue & Black

🎶 Afeemi

Published on 08.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

Bhai, we're playing ludo. Join us." Amrit invited Vihaan when she saw him coming from the kitchen.

Vihaan eyed the three girls who were sitting around the table forming a circle while his parents were seated in another couch away from them. "From where did this board game come in my house?" He questioned.

"I had them." Aarohi chirped. "And right now we three girls are missing our childhood so just sit and give us company."

Vihaan shook his head at their childishness. "I'll be right back."

Aarohi was arranging the pieces on the board when she felt something warm draping her. She turned around in surprise and found Vihaan putting a light brown colour shawl around her.

"This will keep you warm." Vihaan said gently.

Aarohi gave him a small smile in return and was looking at him tenderly. Vihaan then, even opened the windows so that the room was properly ventilated by the air coming from outside since that was how Aarohi liked.

God! What was she? An ice cream in summer heat? Because every little action of Vihaan for her was melting her and there was no stopping. She wished he could close his eyes so that she could admire him for all that he was; the urge was that strong.

"Aww bhai, that's so sweet." Smriti cooed, placing a hand over her heart.

"That's love." Amrit said fondly looking at Vihaan and Aarohi who were sitting next to each other.

Aarohi stiffened while Vihaan simply rolled his eyes. He was used to his sisters dramatic nature.

Aarohi cleared her throat. "Blue is mine." She declared and turned the board so that the blue squares were towards her.

"Why so?" Vihaan asked curiously.

"Because blue is my favorite." Aarohi answered as it was the most obvious reason. Vihaan broke into giggles.

"What's so funny?" Aarohi asked, offended.

"You won't like the answer." He shrugged.

"I'm not liking even when you haven't answered so just spill." She admonished.

Smriti and Amrit were looking at both with curiosity.

"Blue signifies serenity, tranquility, calmness which the ocean or sky offers. And you," he flicked her forehead, "are none of these things. You're a complete wildfire, a nuisance."

Smriti and Amrit chuckled looking at Aarohi and her offended expression.

Aarohi glared at him, wanting to slam the ludo board on his head. She wasn't a nuisance, was she? He made it sound as if she was some kind of obnoxious pest.

"What's your favorite color, Mr I know it all?" Aarohi questioned back scornfully.

"It's black." Amrit chimed in.

"Boring." Smriti said, her tone sounded bored as well.

"Ah! I see." Aarohi stroked her chin thoughtfully. "Black signifies power, authority, sophistication and all such things. Suits you." She jabbed a finger in his ribs and grinned evilly. "Devil."

"Atleast my favorite color suits me unlike yours." Vihaan mocked.

"Atleast I've a good choice and taste unlike you who likes something as bland as black."