Somebody to love

A few more days have passed and you definitely felt much better, and in that great mood you go to dinner at Freddie's. You bought a bottle of quality wine along the way and headed for them.

"Come in!" you heard Mary's voice.

"Hello people, what's up? Mmmm, how nice it smells, I'm really hungry" you said as you sat down at the kitchen table.

"How are you dear?" Freddie asked you.

"Great! Totally healed! Oh, If you ask me if I've thought of everything, I have and I won't tell you what I decided!"

You heard Mary laugh from the kitchen and say "And don't!"

"Speaking of which, where's the gentleman?"

"He should be here any minute. Are you excited?" curious was Freddie.

"Eh, nothing special" you said, trying to hide your smile.

At that moment, someone knocked briefly and entered.

"Good evening! Nice, company has gathered. Mary, you look wonderful, here, this is for you" said Rog, handing her a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks, how sweet, sit please, food is coming soon."

"I was thinking of you" he said, handed you one red rose and you surprised him with a firm hug.

He smiled broadly and his eyes glazed over.

"I finally got a hug! So, is this the beginning of something?"

"I think it is" you winked.

"Awww! Okay, listen blonde, we have to talk about last night's rehearsal, what the hell was that?" Freddie shouted.

"Um ... I don't know what you're talking about, Fred" Rog shrugged.

"It can't be done that way. I can't. The ego shoots in all directions, your word must always be the last, Brian supports you, Deaky is neutral, then I have no chance to stand out!"

"Wow Fred, we don't have to talk about it right now. You could have told me in private. Okay, you're a diva, I understand, jeeez" Roger said rolling his eyes.

You nibbled on asparagus and enjoyed their argument, obviously.

"And you? I see this amuses you!" Freddie told you, laughing.

"Yeah" you kept nibbling.

"Done! Freddie shut up and help me set the table, Roger open this wine and hurry, dinner is getting cold!"

"Cheers! Great choice of wine darling" Freddie said to you.

"Mhm, I know" you nodded taking a big sip.

"Well Mary, you blew me away. I'm fed up!" Roger said patting his stomach.

"You made this and I can't even cook an egg, which is not commendable... " Freddie said and kissed her.

"Oh, thank you. I'm glad you like it" Mary said proudly.

"It was really yummy" you said licking your fingers.

"Would you like dessert?" Mary asked.

"Maybe later, we have to digest this first" Roger licked his lips.