Friends will be friends

You can already see that today will be completely different from what you planned. Now it's time to call your friend to clarify some things for you.

"Hello, Fred, what are you doing? Mmhm... mmhm, writing a song...look, I don't care if you're drinking tea with Queen Elizabeth, come here now! And I mean NOW!"

You met him at the doorstep and didn't look happy at all. Mary walked behind him "I had to go as a support, he knows he screwed up, but doesn't know what" she told you.

"I know that look...and that angry face..." Freddie whispered with a lump in his throat.

"Please come in. Would you like a drink? Freddie, what's your poison?"

"I'd like some alcohol. Or anesthesia, if you have..."

"I've always loved your humor. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Still. I have vodka, if you really want it, but isn't it a little early for this?"

"Yes, but I'm scared, so I'd like something to numb me."

"Okay, now that I've served you, let me finally sit down and talk" you looked at Freddie.

"Darling, I really have no idea what happened and why you're mad at me. Please tell me so I don't go crazy thinking" he shrugged.

"It's about Roger" you said calmly.

"I still don't understand?" he tilted his head.

"Fred" you sighed "you knew he liked me and you didn't tell me anything, you knew what he was going to do and you didn't tell me again. This morning I almost fainted when I saw him at the door and when he told me how he felt ..."

"That was this morning?" Freddie pretended to be surprised as he bit his nails.

"Freddie!" "Okay okay...calm down. So like this, firstly, yes, he's the one I wanted to hook you up with, secondly, he liked you for a long time and he always hoped to be with you someday. That's all darling. When he found out you weren't with that prick anymore and when he saw you in the studio, he just didn't want to wait any longer. I know everything because he is constantly asking about you and I would beg you to go out with him, do something, just to get rid of him for once!"

"That's true" Mary said.

"Tell me now darling, why are you so upset? Isn't love the most beautiful thing?" Freddie asked you.

"I'm not ready for a relationship, I'm not ready to commit to someone. Roger is a wonderful guy in every way, but I just can't. I don't want to face with it again"

"With what?"

"With a heartache Freddie!"

"Oh darling! Do you like him?" he raised an eyebrow.

"What?" you laughed nervously.

"I ask, do you like him? The question is very simple. Answer me yes or no" he shoot you a glare.

"I'm not sure what you want Fred?" you shrugged.

"Sarah, yes or no?"

"Yes, I like him very much! Satisfied?" you answered and buried your head in a pillow.

Freddie and Mary looked at each other and smiled.

"You are constantly looking for obstacles, instead of looking for magic. Think about that darling" Freddie said.

"I really can't decide this quickly. And, there's something else...I'm not ready to let go of Peter and before you say something, let me finish, please. I now that we are done, it would be so fucking stupid of me to get back to him, but I'm not quite get over him yet. Please understand that. Anyway, I'm coming to dinner so we'll see. There's enough time. Right?"

"What the fuck?! Are you serious? You're starting to piss me off, darling!" Freddie yelled.

Mary intervened "Tell us what you have to lose? Nothing, and you can gain a lot. Give him a chance, give love a chance!"

"Okay, now I need that vodka too!" you said.

"Look, what I have learned is that there are no accidental loves. God turns the whole world upside down to make that encounter happen" Freddie said and hugged you.

"Yeah, I guess..." you sighed.

"Have we cleared everything up now? We should go, I agreed with the guys to go for a drink, men's night. Hey, it's not a bad opportunity for you to come at all ... as a coincidence."

"Thank you, but no, all this information has completely upset me, so I'll go for a walk to clear my brain."

"Okay, you know where I am, let me know, if I need you to ease your soul. Darling, I'd like to see you happy again" Freddie took your hands.

"I know that I can always count on you, but sometimes you can really mess up and surprise me unpleasantly. And yet I love you so much. I mean, this wasn't anything terrible, but I can't believe you didn't tell me anything or at least hinted"

"He wanted to, believe me, but the circumstances were such that he could not. Look, in this short time of being alone, you're a different person. In fact, you're the way you should be. Honestly, Fred and I think that Roger and you were born for each other...I won't talk anymore, you'll see for yourself" Mary said.

"Okay. Thanks guys" you hugged them.

"Is it really okay?" Freddie asked.

"Yes, I need time to come to my senses. I don't know...everything is so tricky right now" you shook your head.

"How long have you known Roger?" Mary asked.

"About...five-six years maybe"

"Enough to get to know him well, isn't it? You don't go into the unknown, be open-minded and open-hearted, okay?"

You were left with a million questions and without a single answer, there are some things going on in your head that you can't figure out. You decided to use the rest of the day for a leisurely stroll through the streets of London, watching couples in love in the park as you nibbled on popcorn and fed the birds. You went to the patisserie to treat yourself with an ice cream and arrived home happy, relaxed and with much clearer thoughts. Let this pile of impressions spend the night, in the morning you will surely think more soberly. You collapsed into bed and surprisingly fell asleep very quickly.