Chapter 17: The sleepover

Chelsea's POV

The music surrounds me after I leave the calm of the room and stride to the stairs which I see is now occupied with teenagers sitting on the steps with some hanging on the rails.

"Sorry," I say as I sidestep them, bumping into a few, and causing groans to leave their lips, mostly as I make the mistake of matching someone with my heeled feet. "I'm so sorry."

The brown-haired dude snarls in response and I hurry up, finally attaining the down floor which is more packed with people than it was when Uche and I got here.

It's clear the party is in full swing, sadly I won't be here to enjoy it. The music is thumping louder, the lights changing and shifting faster as I scan around a few heads in the hopes of spotting Uche.

I shuffle in between grinding bodies and moving legs. Realizing it's better I locate the bar thus I might strike a stroke of luck and Rose will still be there.

My feet take direction to where I recall it to be. Thankfully my prayers are answered as I see her laughing about something with Elvis who is dressed in black jeans and a blue vest.

Stopping in front of the table, she notices me immediately, her conversation with Elvis halting and her expression changing to one of concern. She instantly drops her red cup, catches hold of my wrist, and pulls me to the almost empty kitchen.

"What's wrong? And why are you crying?" She interrogates once we are enveloped in a semblance of silence.

I touch my cheeks, surprised to see them damp. "Terry is an asshole."

"Everyone knows that." She facepalms, her hair falling forward at the gesture. "What did he do?"

"It's hard to say," I blurt, my voice cracking as I blink. "I just need to find Uche and get out of here.

"I understand," she sighs, flicking a teardrop from my cheek as she continues. "I saw her last hanging at one of the left windows close to the exit door."

"Is she drunk?" I query in defeat because if she is I wonder how I'll be able to get home.

"She looked fine to me," she states. "But are you sure you are okay?"

"Yeah, I am," I sniff, sure my face is ruined with streaks of mascara. "I'll go find her. See you around."

"Wait, did you think I'll let you go alone in this state?" She implores, hooking her elbow with mine. "We are finding her together."

"Thanks." I beam in gratitude and she simply squeezes my arm as we stroll hand in hand back to the bustle of the typical high school party. She leads the way, pushing a few people till we reach the location she predicted my bestfriend to be.

"Uche!" I call loudly once in hearing range. I don't ponder on why she's conversing with Victor who's clad in a football t-shirt with a number 9 above ripper jeans and simply murmur "can we go home?"

"Sure, dear." She hands her cup to a stunned Victor and comes to me, offering Rose a perplexed gaze. "You don't look alright."

I don't say anything and she gets the memo. "The key is with you right?" I nod in answer. "Okay let's go then."

"Can I come with you two?" Rose inquires and I bestow Uche a questioning glimpse.

"Certainly," she smiles. "We are having a sleepover at my place anyway, you can stay back if you want."

"I will love to," Rose responds amidst the loudness of the music and Uche beams, crossing our faces and heading towards the large open doors. We follow suit and silently leave the house, sighting a topless girl swimming in the water fountain, drunk ass males and females around her, cheering her on.