prologue.

I rolled my eyes, getting up so I could throw my empty fries box in the trash.

"Pretty pleeeeeaaaaase!!" He begged in a baby voice. "You're my flatmate, my best friend. It is the least you could do for me!"

"No."

"I'll do the laundry for a week."

I turned back around to face him, lifting both of my eyebrows up as I laid my back on the sink.

"Now we're talking..." I smirked, crossing my arms together.

He gulped all the saliva he had left in his mouth, knowing what he just got himself into.

"Soooooo..." He scratched the back of his head. "Is that a yes?"

"Mmh..." I hummed. "One month."

"Two weeks?"

"Three weeks."

"Deal."

I bit my lower lip, trying to hide a wide smile. "Fine."

"Yes!" He shouted, making me laugh. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm going to start getting ready-"

"Finish your food first." I ordered.

He groaned, taking another bite of his burger. "Sorry, dad." He mocked, mouth full.

I chuckled. "At what time does he want us to be there?"

"Around nine, nine thirty."

"Alright..." I looked at the clock. "We still have a good hour, I'm going to jump in the shower real quick."

He nodded. "How was work, by the way?" He asked as I was on my way to leave.

"Same old, caught a few liars here and there today." I briefly said, making him smile. "I'll see you later!"

"You got it!" He shouted while I rushed up the stairs.

I know I probably sounded really mean when I didn't accept to tag along automatically. Don't get me wrong, I am happy that Calum is doing what he loves, and I want him to succeed. We've been best mates since our diaper days, and I'm always happy to support him.

However, our worlds are really different. Therefore, I just don't necessarily feel comfortable hanging out with his crowd. Pretty sure he feels the same way about my coworkers, too.

With that said, I took my clothes off and jumped into the bathtub, enjoying the hot water dripping down my body for about thirty minutes. I wrapped a towel around my waist afterwards, blowdrying and styling my black hair before rushing back to my room.

I decided to pick an outfit I wouldn't usually go for. I know how important all of this is for Calum, so the least I could do is try and look like I belong.

I picked out some black skinny ripped jeans. They shockingly fit really well, haven't worn them in a year or two. I threw a plain white shirt on me, topping it off with a black leather jacket.

"Cal!" I shouted as I sprayed some cologne on me. "Are you ready?"

"Yes! I'll go take the car out of the garage!"

"Okay, I'll be there in five!" I answered, hearing the front door slamming shut a few seconds after.

I took a deep breath as I placed a silver chain around my neck, going in with a few silver rings as well.

"Alright... Let's do this." I said to myself, tying my black sneakers up.

I made my way down the stairs, and soon out of the house. I quickly jumped into the car, as Calum was waiting for me outside the door.

"You went all out, huh?" He asked once he glanced at me. "You look amazing!"

"Anything for my buddy that is going to do the laundry for three weeks!" I laughed as he rolled his eyes. "On a real note, you look good as well."

"You really think so?" He looked himself in the rear mirror. "It isn't too much, right?"

"Not at all." I reassured him.

He took a relieved breath, before finally driving off. He was wearing a white and red shirt, along with a black beanie and a pair of gray sweatpants. He had his glasses on, which made him look even more like a nerdy, gamer boy.

And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet, as we just enjoyed some music. I could feel my best friend getting tense as we pulled up in front of a huge house, probably meaning that we reached our destination.

"Hey, you will be fine, alright?" I said softly as he parked in the driveway. "I will not leave your side unless you want me to, you don't have to worry."

"I know, it's just- um-" He cleared his throat. "It's my first time seeing Michael in real life, what if he thinks I'm stupid?"

I frowned, licking my lips once I realized. "You like that guy, huh?"

He blushed. "uh- um-" He stuttered. "Ugh! I hate that I can't hide anything from you sometimes."

I laughed. "But um- yes, I do." He finally confessed. "We have good conversations, and he's cute."

"Well, you won't know how he feels about you by sitting with me in a car, right?" I tapped his shoulder, the both of us giggling as I opened the door. "Come on, let's go!"

He nodded, following me outside the engine. I could feel he was a bit more relaxed now, which is great.

Let's just hope this Michael guy is not trash, because Calum definitely have the worst type ever.

"Please, be cool." He almost begged as we stepped in front of the door. "I know how you get when you meet new people. Don't scare them away with this crazy, psychic power you have."

"No promises..." I whispered as he rang the bell.

Oh, have I mentioned I'm a body language analyst?

Yeah, better not lie to my face.

"Hey!" An unfamiliar voice said when the door flew open.

"Hey, Michael!"

Well...

Let the fun begin.

.
.
.

Hello loves!

This was kinda boring lol, I'm sorry.

It's just the prologue tho, so it will get better, I promise!

Hope you still enjoyed, I am really excited about this story!

Ilya,
-L xox