The interview

Lily pov:

The time was 11am and I was still in bed. I had been awake for hours now but I didn't have the motivation to get up. I was thinking about Lana and how much I've probably ruined her life. I sighed before getting up. I put on an oversized t-shirt Lana once gave me and some shorts. I went downstairs to see Sean standing in the kitchen drinking coffee. "Morning sunshine" he said as he looked up at me walking down the stairs. "Where's mom?" I asked completely ignoring what he just said. "She's still in bed." Normally Lana would be up at this time so the fact she's still in bed made me even more sure about how much I've ruined her. She's devastated. Because of me and all my problems. I sighed as I took a glass from the cabinet. "You're okay?" I heard him asking. "Yeah.." "Lily. I know we don't talk as much as you do with mom, but I'm here anytime and I won't tell anyone about what we talk about. It stays between you and me" he said and a soft smile appeared on his lips. I looked at him and broke down. Tears were streaming down my face. I hadn't cried like this for a while so I guess it all just came out now. I felt Sean's arms wrapped around me. "It's okay, I'm here" he whispered as he placed a soft kiss on my hair. I was sobbing. I was devastated knowing that Lana was devastated. I suddenly felt bad that I didn't open completely up to her. That I kept secrets from her and that I didn't ask her for help. I was just scared to completely let her in, cause I didn't want her to know how bad I actually felt. And I was scared that she was gonna be mad. Even though I know Lana could never be mad. "What's wrong Lily?" Sean asked still holding me in his arms. "I feel like a disappointment for Lana. She's devastated because of me and I can't do anything about it. I keep lying to her and that screw things even more up. I just wish I was normal" I said and catched my breath again. "Lily you're not a disappointment. And Lana loves you just the way you are. You don't need to change anything about yourself for her to be satisfied. She already is. Sometimes it's just hard for her seeing her little girl being completely broken and that's all. She's not mad at you and she loves you more than anything" he said and I sobbed even more because of his words. I didn't know what to say so I just cried. Sean caressed my hair and soothed me with a bunch of words that I didn't even hear. I was so distant from the world right now and I have no idea why it came this suddenly.

I slowly calmed down but I still felt really distant from everything. Me and Sean was sitting on the couch. We weren't doing anything at all. He was just caressing my hair and I was trying to relax as much as I could. "You know we love you right?" He asked. A tear rolled down my cheek. I knew they did. It was just so hard to believe it, cause it was too good to be true. "Yes" I mumbled. "Then why do you keep doubting it?." I took some time to answer. "Cause I'm scared that if I open up for all your love I'll end up regretting it cause you'll leave me" I said and Sean sighed. "Honey we won't leave you. You are our everything" I didn't answer him. I just leaned back and closed my eyes. "What about you go up and talk to mom? I think both of you need it" he suggested. I took a deep breath in and let it all out again. "I know you can do it" he said and I got up from the couch. I walked over to the stairs and went up. As I was standing outside her room I took a deep breath before walking in. She was laying on her side with her hair covering her face. She had closed eyes but I knew she wasn't sleeping. I walked towards her bed and sat down on the edge of it. As she felt the weight on the bed she opened her eyes and looked at me. "Oh hey baby" she said getting up on her elbows. Her voice was gentle and soft as always. I didn't say anything. "Wanna come lay down with me?" She asked. I hesitated and I think she noticed. "Don't worry about letting in my love baby. I won't let you go" she said and I didn't know how she knew. I only told Sean about it. She must know me quite well. She pulled up the sheets and I slowly got under them. I was scared of letting in her love but I still needed her more than anything else in this world. I therefore snuggled into her and curled up in her arms. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and held me tight. "I'll never let go of you" she whispered and a tear rolled down my cheek. No matter how annoying she can be and how scared I am to let in her love she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is my person.