тняєє

C A M E R O N

The entire next day, Cameron found himself curled up in his bedroom watching anime and ditching class. He was tired because he stayed up all night and only managed to snag a couple of hours' sleep before his internal alarm clock roused him from his slumber. Unable to fall back asleep, he just found himself lazing in bed, somewhat sore from the previous nights' activities. He'd only fallen asleep after AC said he had to get ready for work, so he spent most of his morning checking his phone periodically out of curiosity.

He couldn't really tell why he was checking his phone so much, perhaps it had something to do with the fact that he was somewhat developing a crush on the guy. He felt ridiculous, he'd been doing this for years and had never had this happen before! This wasn't someone who he'd ever seen before, he'd never heard his voice, for all Cameron knew he could be some eighty-year-old man with erectile dysfunction! Or it could be a girl! He was gay, that wouldn't be good--unless she was also really good at pegging him--not the time, dumbass! He mentally scolded himself, wrapping his arms around himself. The hoodie he wore was one that came from the wish-list packages, and it was warm and soft. It had some k-pop band on it, Cameron couldn't remember which one, but he got it because it was black with pink and purple on it(and was vaguely familiar with the catchiest of their songs)so he figured he'd support the band.

It wasn't a bad decision either, the fabric was so soft and comfy. He sighed happily and let his eyes dart over to his phone. Nothing. Well, he was working, so that made sense. Plus it wasn't like the guy had to message him. He was just tipping him well and interacting with his streams, not proposing marriage. Ugh, he groaned aloud, rolling over onto his stomach and burying his face in his pillow. He needed to be worried about meeting up with his father at the work event but no, here he was, drooling into his pillow while trying to force someone he didn't even know the name of out of his head.

What the hell was he doing? He was going to lose his mind. Maybe his father was right, and he was just a dumb kid who needed to grow up. He flinched at the memories that began surfacing at the remembrance of their last conversation. He heaved a sigh and pushed himself out of bed and ran into the kitchen, grabbing some ice cream and a spoon. He couldn't deal with his emotions about his father, so he'd eat them instead. He was one of the lucky few people who had the metabolism to support his emotional eating and he fully used that to his advantage when it came to troublesome thoughts that wrecked him.

He poured himself back into bed and opened the ice cream, digging in with one hand while his other hand turned on his phone. His heart leaped in excitement when he saw a message from AC: It was nice talking to you last night, I hope you're getting some rest. I will probably pass out when I get home, so I figured I'd message you before so you wouldn't be worried. Sleep well, little one.

Despite the fact that he now knew he probably wouldn't be able to talk to him tonight, the fact that he'd thought about him enough to message him and let him know what was happening made him feel good. He wouldn't have to spend his entire night looking at his phone in anticipation--whether or not he decided to do so anyway was another story, but he digresses. Little one... that nickname made his cheeks heat up and he giggled a little.

Cameron sent him a quick message telling him he had already woken up, but that he had slept very well. He debated on whether or not to inquire about where he worked, but he figured that'd be overstepping so he didn't and instead sent a picture of himself curled up in bed with the mint chocolate chip ice cream cradled to his chest. He covered his face with his hand just to be safe because AC hadn't directly acknowledged the fact that he bought the mask.

With a padded bank account that could've easily bought him a used car in cash, he felt super comfortable. He'd never had this much money, even when he lived at home with his dad. His dad was obsessed with the fact that Cameron really didn't want to take over the family business when he graduated. But, because Cameron had wanted to go to school for Computer Sciences and instead got shipped off for business degrees, he didn't really even have the motivation to put much effort into trying for his classes. He didn't want to graduate college and become one of his dads' underlings so he'd be fully dependent on him until the man eventually died. No, he wanted nothing to do with his shady father's business nor did he want the responsibility that came with it. He just wanted to work on computers.