Her family adopts you

(5 years old)

"Mom why are you adopting a kid?" Rae asks her mom.

"Because some kids aren't as fortunate as you. And when we met y/n they were just a ray of sunshine so we had to adopt them."

Rae sighs and gives her mother a look. Rae is 17 years old and isn't too sure on having a little brother or sister.

"Hey they will be going to the kindergarten in your school. They are 5." (It's one big school that is k-12 in different sections of the school)

"Whatever mom..I'm going out with friends. Some might be coming over to sleepover."

"Okay..be home by 5 to meet them."

"Okay.." she says and leaves. She meets her friends at the park.

"Hey Rae!" Sykkuno says with a smile.

"Hi Rae." Tina says hugging her.

"Long time no see, Rachel." Corpse says laughing.

"What's up Rae?" Emma says.

"Hey everyone." Rae says and hugs Tina in the process.

"You seem sad.." Tina says stepping back and holding her hands.

"I'm not in just a little upset." She explains.

"Why's that?" Sykkuno asks.

"My mom is adopting this 5 year old named y/n..I'm just kinda used to it being me, my mom and dad." She frowns.

"I bet you will be an amazing big sister Rae. And if you don't like it..you have college next year!" Corpse tells her looking for a bright side.

"I guess you are right. Can you guys come over for dinner? I don't want to be alone with the new kid."

"Yeah sure." They all say in some form.

5pm rolls around rather quickly and they all walk through the door.

"Mom is it okay if my friends stay for dinner?" Rae asks.

"Of course! I always cook extra!" She says excited for the company. There is a knock on the door so Rae goes and opens it. There is a person from child services and a small child. The adult is holding her luggage and you are holding your backpack.

You look at the older girl in the door frame. "Mom! They are here!" She yells causing you to jump back. Ms. Regan, the person from child services puts her hand on your back comfortingly. She knows yelling scares you.

"Hello y/n. It's nice for you to finally be a part of the family. We are all excited to have you here." She says in a comforting tone. You give a shy wave to your new mom.

"I wasn't sure if you would like it but I made pasta with sauce and meatballs on the side. But I hope you will like it. And of course you can stay for dinner Ms.Regan."

"Oh no I couldn't..thank you for the invitation but I have to get back to my work. I must be going now sweetheart. Be good for me okay?" You give Ms.Regan a small nod and she leaves.

Your new mom brings you to your room. "It's a jointed room, if you open this door you can go into Rae's room, she's the one who opened the door." You hear her laughing with her friends.

"Who's with her..?" You whisper.

"Those are her friends. They are all very nice I promise."

"Okay..why are they being so loud.." you cover your ears lightly because they suddenly got a lot louder.

"I'll talk to them for you." She says and opens the door. "Guys..can we be a little more quiet? Y/n doesn't like loud noises."

A series of 'okays' comes from the older kids. Your new mom comes in and says that she is going to finish dinner. You decide to start putting away your clothes and the older kids are standing in the doorway. Well..all except Rae.

"Uhhh..hi?" You say feeling shy.

"Oh my goodness you are just so cute." Tina says. "Can I hug you?"

"Tina calm down you are going to scare the child." The guy with the deep voice says.

"Corpse..you are going to scare her with your voice and name."

"Corpse is too nice to be scary." Emma states.

You nod a little agreeing to Tina's hug and she hugs you. The others watch the little exchange between the two of you.

"Need help with your things?" Emma asks.

"Oh..Umm..no thank you. You should go hang out with Rae.." you whisper the last part and fumble with the bottom of your shirt.

"Oh..okay little one. If you need anything we will keep the door open." Corpse says and they all head back to the other bedroom.

You put the rest of your clothes away then go downstairs to the table for dinner. You sit in between Rae and Emma.

Everyone starts eating but you sit there waiting for permission. You weren't allowed to eat much at your old home when you were allowed to. "Y/n..why aren't you eating?" Your mom asks.

"I wasn't given permission to eat.." you keep your head lowered. Everyone's facial expressions drop. Why would you need to ask for permission to eat?

"You never need permission to eat here honey. You can eat whenever you are hungry." Your dad tells you. You only nod a little and eat about half of your plate.

"Thank you for dinner." All or Rae's friends say at different times. And eventually they all leave.

You get rid of your food quickly and run upstairs to go to bed. You get in bed and there is a knock at your door. You look over and see Rae standing in the doorway.

"Can I come in?" She asks. You nod and she comes in sitting on your bed. "I was so if I could read you a bedtime story."

"Yea.." you whisper. She smiles at you and starts reading the 'three little pigs.' You only make it about half way through before falling asleep.

Rae smiles and kisses your forehead gently. "Welcome to the family." She whispers to you before going into her room. Maybe a new little sibling isn't too bad.

—————————
A longer update :D

-Andy💕