The project

Struggling to get a breath in you keep pushing yourself so you won't be late. Currently you are running across campus which is a mile to get to your next class. Who is stupid enough to schedule your classes like that?

You get to the building and you are three minutes late. First day of the new semester and you are already making a bad impression. You collect yourself before walking into the classroom and all eyes are on you.

"S-sorry I'm late Professor.." you say.

"That's okay m(s/r). Y/l/n. Don't let it happen again."

"Okay sir.." you go and find a seat in the back. When you sit down you take out a notebook and open your laptop to access the textbook.

"Well hello, beautiful." A very flirty voice says. Shyly you look up and your eyes meet none other that Rachel Hofstetter.

"Hi..can I help you with anything?" You ask closing your laptop half way to give her your attention.

"The Professor said to pick a partner to learn more about. You seem nice so why not."

"Let me guess..your friends already have partners.." you tell her sadly. She frowns a bit. She knows that it's kind of true.

"No. I just think you're chill." She tells you and you laugh a bit.

"Mmhmm. No one ever wants to talk to me." You say quietly.

"Come on..just tell me about yourself.." she says holding your hand like she does with her other friends.

"I don't know..I'm not that interesting I'm just the geek around here.."

"Pleaseeee." She whines a little.

"I don't know Rachel.."

"How about you come back to my dorm room and we can do the assignment." A red flag goes off.

"No..no thank you. I'm sorry Rae.." you say.

"Wait you called me Rae."

"I-I'm sorry.." You stutter out.

"That's okay beautiful. Don't worry about it." Your cheeks turn a deep shade of red. She puts her hand over yours on the table and pouts a bit.

"Please?"

"Fine.." you give in.

"Yayyyy."

Unfortunately the rest of the class speeds by. Nothing against Rae, but you guys run in two completely different crowds. As you are walking out of class you hear Rae talking to one of her friends. Janet you believe.

"Stay out of the dorm room for a few hours." Rae tells her.

"Why?"

"Because I get the cute girl in our class to be my partner for the assignment."

"Oooo"

"Shut up. Just hang out with Imane or Wendy." She nods and you leave the room.

"Hey wait up cutie." You hear Rae say making you blush again.

"I'm not cute.."

"Yes you are." You sigh knowing you won't win and Rae leads you back to her dorm room.

"This is where you and I will come back after going out during our college years." She laughs a bit. She leads you to her bed and you sit down with her.

"Now tell me about yourself  y/n."

"O-okay.Well I'm y/n..I'm 19. My birthday is in (your birth month) Ummm I like to read. I'm here to be a biology teacher in high school. That's why I'm taking chemistry here. Biology will be my major and chemistry is my minor. I-I really don't want to be a teacher..my parents are making me. It's really stupid. I really want to be a engineer. They make really good money.."

"Your parents should let you do what you want to do."

"It's just not how it works in my family." You tell her sadly.

"But it's your life. They can't tell you what you can and can't do. They don't know what's best for yo-"

"I'm trapped under my parents thumb!" You finally snap. "I can't be myself around them! They've made me fake. They've made me how I am.." you pull your knees to your chest and hide your face and let the tears fall.

⚠️trigger warning ⚠️

"What do you mean?" She asks you softly.

"Forget it Rae.."

"I can't forget it if it's making my beautiful bean sad." She says wrapping an arm around you. You rest your head on her shoulder. "Talk to me babes."

"M-my parents never loved me..I found that out from a young age. I was 7 when I first slept over a friends house and found out not everyone's parents don't hit ten before they go to sleep. When I was 12 I would take a razor and pop of the back to access the blades or remove the blades from pencil sharpeners. I still do sometimes.. when I was 13 I found out I was (your sexuality) and my parents didn't support it and now they want me to be a teacher..I've wanted to be an engineer for 5 years now. They won't let me."

She slowly rolls up your sweatshirt sleeves and you pull them down feeling self-conscious. "N-no..please.." you tell her. She just nods and hugs you.

(TRIGGER WARNING OVER)

"This has been the best project ever.." you say after a few minutes of being held by Rae.

"whys that?"

"because I finally got to open up to somebody." you say and she smiles. Rae is too good for you.

——————————

I hope you enjoy!!! Send your requests!

-Andy💕