Chapter 50: Gaslighting

The Weasley fireworks did wonders for the students morale as they shot in every direction around Hogwarts, coloring the place with bright light and hilarious messages written in sparks. That being said, they were also a perfect headache to start Umbridge's rule as headmistress.

For fun fact, these fireworks were nearly indestructible.

I had just gotten out of my spa treatment in the prefect's bathroom with Hermione when we caught sight of Filtch trying in vain to swat away a firework from the banisters.

Hermione and I exchanged a look of bemusement before walking toward the great hall. Knowing Filtch, if he caught us looking he'd label us for something bad.

Lunch was more than over by the time we got back, but that wasn't my intention for showing up.

Pansy and the clan were going to be there and by now from what Hermione filled me in on earlier, news had spread of what happened in the girl's lavatory. I needed to put any rumors to rest STAT.

And what a better time to do it then right after I blow out my hair and soaked in a pool-sized bath filled with lavender and rose salts.

There are a few times in life that a girl knows when she looks good. And when such a time passes me by, I take full advantage of it. After all, it was how I was raised.

I was a threat to Pansy because as petty as it sounds, I'm prettier than her, Even if Draco and I are on the outs, I still left a mark with him that Pansy can't claim either.

So why not stir some trouble. After all, what more can she actually do?

I saw them at the Slytherin table in their usual seats and thankfully saw Sam sitting further down as well. Oblivious to everything. I gave Hermione a final smile as she wished me luck, unaware to what I had planned.

Nott was the first one to see me. Of course.

As much as I distrusted the guy, I couldn't help but copy the grin that fell on his face making the others turn to look including Draco.

He didn't smile but he did stare before slowly turning back to his food after another glance at Nott. It was that look that reminded me of the other night.

You like the attention he gives you.

I would have faltered in my step hadn't I caught Pansy glaring my way. Her glares were like fuel to fire. I sauntered right up to her before adding

"I was looking for you, Pansy."

Her friends were exchanging alarmed looks at one another which to Pansy's credit she ignored. Instead, she turned in her seat to look at me before shaking her head expectingly.

"What?"

I side stepped Blaise and Crabbe before slowing down next to Pansy who sat further back at how close I was all of a sudden.

"What's the matter, Pansy?" I asked, walking around her. Her lunch lay behind her half munched. Simple toast and eggs it would seem. And pumpkin juice of all things. What a nasty combo. "You seem tense."

"Tense?" Pansy repeated with a laugh, turning her head to the side from me to her friends across the table. "I don't know what you mean."

"Let me help with that." I took the pumpkin juice from the table and, in a method that my mother would have highly frowned upon, dumped its contents all over Pansy's head and lap, before flinging the empty goblet at Tracy's gapped face.

The reactions in the great hall were immediate. Pansy screamed causing the others neighboring us to turn if they hadn't watched the spectacle already.

Nott was covering his mouth from laughter that was clearly marked in his eyes, while Crabbe and Goyle looked at the situation as if a fly had gotten into their lunches.