Thirty seven

4 days passed in a blink of an eye, Haneul is still in the hospital

4 days passed in a blink of an eye, Haneul is still in the hospital. But Jay didn't waste any more time, bringing a bunch of things to spend time with her in the hospital.

Yesterday they played board games together, and today Jay bought a canvas with a paint set to do painting together although he's not really a good artist.

It's a bummer that Haneul couldn't leave the hospital yet, but Jay didn't care. All he needs is to be by her side and they're happy enough.

"Why does my nose look like that!" Haneul chuckles, glancing at Jay's portrait.

"Yah! Don't peek! It's a surprise!" He hides the canvas with his hands, trying to prevent her from looking any further.

Haneul let out a laugh, before continuing her drawing.

She feels happier, although she still didn't remember their moment together for the past few months. Jay is still glad that she remembers him as her 'boyfriend', and not as 'Mr. Park'.

Right at that moment, a nurse suddenly knocks on the door before walking into the room.

"Yes?"

"You have visitors." The nurse smiles, slowly leaving the room to let the visitors inside.

Haneul's eyes widened, surprised to see Jay's parents walking into the room. Jay also looks surprised, completely taken aback by their sudden appearance.

Mr. Park didn't show any emotions like usual, but Jay's mom immediately approaches Haneul in worried. Her eyebrows knitted together, holding both of Haneul's palms in hers.

"Are you feeling better, sweetheart?"

A wave of happiness washed over her, feeling a spark of warmness embracing her chest. It's been so long since she feels a mother love, it makes her emotional.

Haneul smiles slightly, nodding her head as a response.

"Here." Mr. Park suddenly approaches Haneul with an envelope in his hand, waiting for her to accept it.

Haneul hesitantly reached the envelope, tilting it around to examine it. That's when it hits her...

Wedding invitation.

Her heart shatters in pieces, hands glued to the envelope not moving any further. It hurts her, but she can't say it out loud.

She couldn't believe it, after all. He's still gonna get married and leave her.

Only if they have more times to spend together, would it be any better than this?

"You're still his assistant, so it feels wrong if we didn't invite you to your boss's wedding." His dad emphasizes the word boss to her, eyes wandering around the room.