One

"As you can see, your heart condition is

"As you can see, your heart condition is... quite not improving. We suggest you would do the operation."

"Am I?"

"Mhm. Miss Haneul, I'm certain that you will be at least 80% better if you undergo the surgery immediately, if you leave it untreated, I'm scared it's gonna be too late. Please think about it well..."

The way the doctor looking at me...

It's killing me.

"H-how much is it?"

"I don't want you to worry about the cost since this will help you for the better. But if you're wondering how much is it, it's a minimum of almost 6.5 Million Won. But it could be more than that." the doctor said.

The amount...

I can never reach that amount anytime soon. I don't even have a proper job...

Haneul forces a smile in front of the sweet doctor, lowering her gaze as her heartbeat started to fasten at the news. Tears almost rolled down her cheeks, but she kept them close by quickly smiling at him.

"I see, I'll think about it."

Haneul. No family name.

She was born with a weak heart condition since birth which makes her fragile and a sleep disorder that just occurs when she starts studying in College. But later on, she drops out after her condition gets worse.

Living with her aunt and her son, working a part-time job since her aunt doesn't want to support her on anything including food. Crazy aunt and her abusive son, what a perfect combo?

Haneul walks back home on her feet, not even daring to spend some cash on a bus ride since she didn't receive her salary yet. Feeling everything in her life is limited, money, food, and even life span.

"God doesn't love me enough, I thought he'd at least give me good health... But I guess not." Haneul mutters to herself while walking on the crosswalk not realizing that the traffic light just turns green. She feels miserable, not bothering to look to her left and right.

"If only I was born into a rich family, I'd not get worried even if I have 5 types of illness-- ah!"

Honk honk!

Haneul flinched hard when she hears the honking sound which deliberately gets louder and louder. She looks to her left to see a black Audi car just inches away stopping in front of her. Her heartbeat starts going faster triggering her heart condition but she tries to calm down herself.

"Miss why are you crossing on a green light!" a guy with a full suit and sunglasses rolls down the window before shouting at the girl who's standing still shocked by the honking sound. Gladly the road isn't as packed as she thought.