Twenty eight

You could see the panic on Jay's face right after they both entered Miyoung's house

You could see the panic on Jay's face right after they both entered Miyoung's house. Miyoung is laying on the cold floor while hugging her knees, makeup smeared on her face and her clothes look like she didn't change for days.

"Miyoung!" he runs towards her, supporting her body in his arms while Haneul stays still at the door. She stares blankly at the cold floor, not knowing what to do at the sight in front of her.

Although she doesn't really like Miyoung, she still has empathy.

"Oh my God..." Haneul mutters to herself upon seeing her weak state, getting closer to both of them.

"Jay..." she cried even more after seeing Jay.

She hugged him tightly without saying anything, resulting in Jay gently patting her back. The sight is killing her, but she tries to act cool with it by staying calm.

"What happened to you?" he asks in worry.

"I... I'm tired..."

"My dad forces me to do all the work, my dad makes me overwork, he doesn't let me rest... He says that I need to prepare all of this because I'm going to marry you no matter what." Her sobs turn louder, wiping her tears on his shirt while hugging him tightly.

"Remember when I told you that I want to be friends with you?"

"I'm thinking of giving up the marriage..."

"But dad didn't let me to..."

"He said that he already made a deal with your dad about the property inheritance and the company took over..."

"Dad also thought that we're dating..."

She lifts her face to look at him, looking sour and gloomy. Her mascara smearing down her face, with her nose and eyes reddened by the tears.

"I'm sorry Jay, but I can't do anything about it."

Haneul quietly listens to the conversation, feeling her heart sank.

So the wedding is really coming?

I'm going to witness Miyoung walking down the wedding aisle... With a big dress... To Jay?

I'm going to witness him saying the wedding vows...

And,

I can't see him anymore.

Haneul couldn't stand it, she spins her body away from facing both of them. Her hands nervously fidgeting with her shirt, fighting the urge to cry. Her ears couldn't believe it, and she refuses to believe it either.

"Don't cry..." Jay wipes the tears streaming down her face, patting her back gently.

Haneul lifts her head, mentally sighing once hearing his soft voice calming down Miyoung.