Karaoke Night! - Mark x Reader

I love Amy, but in this one she and Mark were never together

Mark's POV

Two months ago I went to this new coffee shop. People would play songs, or do karaoke, or do some stand up comedy. One of the people that had sung during a karaoke night had sung more beautiful than I had ever heard! They had captivated me, so I kept going every karaoke night to hear them sing.

I had introduced myself to them about a month ago and we quickly became friends. And like any cliche story, I fell in love with them. It's not my fault that their perfect in every single way but stays humble. They're funny, bubbly, talented, smart, attractive, and so much more. What isn't there to like about them?

I had gone for a walk with Chica to clear my head when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

"MARK!" the voice called again.

I turned around and was met with the e/c eyes of Y/n.

"Hey, Y/n," I said.

"What're you doing?" they asked me.

"Oh, nothing," I replied, "just walking Chaica. What are you doing?"

"I was on my way to my friend's house," Y/n answered. "They needed some help with moving."

"Do you think they'd need an extra pair of hands?" I asked. "Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at lifting heavy stuff." Just for extra measure I flexed my bicep.

Y/n laughed and responded. "I think they'll be good, Mark."

"Well, if they do need something, I'm just a call away," I reminded them.

"I'll remember that, Mark," they giggled. "Bye, Mark, bye Chica."

"Bye," I waved at their retreating figure.

I sighed, why was I alway so ... so awkward around them?

Chica heatbutted my leg, I took that as a clue to keep moving.

~~~~~~~~~~

My favourite night: Karaoke Night.

Y/n and I would meet up at the coffee shop. Y/n would sing, and I would listen. They would always try and convince me that I should sing, but I never had the courage to sing in front of them.

"Hey, Y/n/n!" I called for them when they walked into the coffee shop.

"Hi, Mark," they responded, sitting down next to me. "I don't think I should sing tonight."

"WHAT!? Why!?" I asked.

"I'll make a deal with you," they said. "If you accept then I'll sing."

"What!?" I repeated. "What's the deal!?"

"I'll sing, if you sing," they smirked at me, placing their head on their arms.

I sighed. What's one song?

"Fine," I agreed.

"Great!" cheered Y/n. "You'll sing first, so you don't leave after I sing."

I slouched in my chair. Dammit, what did I get myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~

"Your turn, Mark," Y/n announced when the girls who just finished their duet sat down.

I childishly stuck my tongue out at them, and walked towards the stage.

"What song will it be, sir?" the guy at the D.J set asked.