Chapter 4 Coming Home

Pen, Blocky, Snowball, and Eraser made their way out of the forest with Melody leading the way. Melody used her "sniffer", as she called it, to navigate her way through.

Melody was injured but still managed to keep on going. She was really tough, something that was admired by the group.  Finally, she led them out of the Evil Forest.

"Thank you for everything, little Melody, you are much tougher than you look.", Blocky said.

"We know our way home from here. So, let me carry you the rest of the way.", said Pen as he picked up Melody from the ground.

The foursome, along with their new tag- along, made their way back to their house. The group shared a house and lived together as roommates. Considering that they met each other throughout their lives, that in turn, was so horrible, they pretty much stuck by each other and lived with each other.

Once they arrived at the house, they got to work to take care of their little newcomer. Pen cooked the food for dinner, Eraser gave Melody a bath, Snowball wrapped bandages around her injuries, and Blocky gave her some medication to help with her sniffles. Apparently, her sniffling was not just because of her crying from earlier.

Pen served the food and the group split off into their own rooms. Melody was confused as to where she was going to go, but Pen simply smiled as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "You can stay with me in my room, you should be fine with me in there.", he said. Melody smiled and nodded with excitement.

So, the duo went to the bedroom. Pen's room was quite messy, fitting for a jock like him. The bed was unmade, sports equipment littered the floor, 2 blankets were unfolded and strewn across the edges of the bed, and his desk had papers and pencils all over it, with the trash can full of paper wads.

Melody looked around in surprise. "Sorry about the mess, I don't usually get visitors.", Pen said in embarrassment. "It is OK, my owner's room is a lot worse.", Melody giggled. Pen giggled as well as he placed his and Melody's soup bowls down on the desk. "Let's eat, I am sure you are hungry.", said Pen. Melody nodded.

*******************

Melody and Pen ate their soup together. Pen smiled as he watched Melody loudly slurp up her soup. She drooled soup everywhere as she wolfed it down. Melody dropped the bowl and wiped her lips with her arm, then burped loudly. "Excuse me." Melody said in embarrassment as she lowered her head in shame. Pen simply shook his head in amusement and grabbed some napkins, wiping her face off. Melody was grateful.

Later, Pen and Melody watched TV together on Pen's bed. The cartoons were very funny and Melody laughed along with Pen. Soon, Melody's eyes got heavy and she began to get sleepy.

"Are you getting sleepy? Do you want to go to sleep?", Pen asked as he crawled towards Melody. Melody simply nodded.

Pen jumped off the bed and grabbed one of his blankets from the edge of the bed and made a little pet bed out of it. Then, he grabbed the other blanket and placed it over the makeshift pet bed. "Here, this will be your bed for the time being.", he announced. Melody looked in amazement. "Thank you!", she said.

Melody then jumped and crawled into the bed. She curled up into a little ball and fell asleep. Pen chuckled softly then covered Melody up with the topper blanket.

"Sweet dreams, little Melody."