v. percy disrespects a god (and flirts on the side)

if running away from tar monsters while looking for said tar for a big warship was considered a first date, gale wasn't sure if he was ready for a relationship (kidding, of course). but either way it wasn't fun. he didn't like getting tar all over his clothes, but seeing percy practically drenched in tar was funny.

percy, being percy of course, thought it would be funny to fist fight a random tar monster, in some odd attempt to "impress" gale. it resulted in gale frying said tar monster with a couple thousand volts of electricity and angering a whole family of tar monsters, and ending in percy struggling to lug a bucket of tar as they ran away.

they landed on the argo in with a THUMP and ran down the hall, finding piper, leo, hazel and annabeth in jason's room.

"roofing tar?" piper guessed.

frank stumbled in behind them, making the hallway pretty jam packed with demigods. frank had a big smear of tar running down his face.

"ran into some tar monsters," gale answered, noticing jason was awake. "hey jace. glad you're finally awake. nice job getting hit by a brick, by the way."

jason gazed at piper. "by a brick?"

"you guys really are twins," annabeth mumbled.

"fraternal," gale commented.

"where's leo?" percy asked.

hazel pointed down. "engine room."

suddenly the entire ship listed to port. the demigods stumbled. percy almost spilled his bucket of tar.

"uh, what was that?" he demanded.

"oh," hazel looked embarrassed. "we may have angered the nymphs who live in the lake. like.. all of them."

"how did you manage to do that?" gale asked.

"stole a narcissist's mirror and he sent his army of nymphs at us," arcana summarized.

"oh."

"great." percy handed the bucket of tar to gale. "you guys help leo. i'll hold off the water spirits as long as i can."

"on it!"

annabeth, frank, and gale ran off towards the engine room.