Not Again

I was led into the house.

The guards closed the doors behind us. Some guards stayed inside near the doors and windows. Shutting the window curtains to the front of the house. I was led to the living room where the big windows showed the river, pine trees, and mountains. Chen and Li sat on the couches, Li led me to stand infront of them. Nickson stood off to the side but close by.

"Nicoletta, that was dangerous!" Chen pronounced horribly from frustration. Li staying silent. A maid came into the room handing over an aid kit. Li took it. He took my injured arm as I stood there, really unsure what all was going on. He began silently addressing the wounds as he rolled up the sleeve. Chen was silent and watched him, she even began to help. After cleaning it with wipes and then putting ointment on it, they wrapped my arm from the elbow down to my wrist in a white thin silk wrap. It smelt like vanilla.

Li looked at me from where he sat on the couch. I shifted my weight uncomfortably. I couldn't read his face. I lowered my gaze. My toes scrunched up. I hated them looking at me like parents disappointed in a child.

"Nicoletta..." He said with a calm voice. "You need to shower. Nickson please take her to the bathroom. Dinner will be ready soon." He handed over the leash. Nickson took the leash silently. He wiggled it for me to follow. I stood at his heels as he led me away. I glanced back at Chen and Li. Both were staring out the windows, concerned looks in their eyes. I faced forward as I followed Nickson as we entered the bathroom. He took off my leash and turned on the bath to fill up. I stared at my feet thinking as he did so. What the hell is this feeling? My instincts said something bad was coming. But what?

I looked up at Nickson who had gotten done undressing me from my tight outfit and was waiting on me to step into the bath. He was careful to only look me in the eyes. Waiting. I stepped in the bath and looked back up at him as I got settled close to the side. He sat on the floor next to me. Raising an eyebrow.

"Yes little one?"

"Uh..." I swallowed trying to find my voice. Come on you moron, you've never had an issue speaking before! Don't start now!

"I feel like I started something more then a small fight." I admitted. I searched in his grey and blue eyes for confirmation. He only looked concerned. He looked at the water as he washed my dark brown hair that was getting longer past my shoulders.

"To be honest with you, that's exactly what you did." He sighed. Closing his eyes for a moment. "What were you thinking? Don't you realize the kinds of people who may have seen that?"

"What's the big deal? It was more a child's-."

"Nicoletta.." Nickson interrupted me, using my full name. This must be pretty serious. I stayed silent. I pricked my ears up. He sighed and shook his head.

"As much as Li and Chen work hard to secure their business and make it a safe place. It is still-"

"Filled with illegal activity with the kind of people who think it's ok stealing other humans rights and forcing-"

"Not all are as good natured and kind as your owners, little one." Nickson interrupted again. "No matter what background checks or protocols they have set up, those with bad intentions always seem to find their way in." He washed my hair clean and then stood up to grab a towel. As he had his back to me he scratched his bald head and looked at the counter.

"Nicoletta, what you did in their...wasn't the worst thing that has ever happened. But you definitely got the wrong kind of attention. One that could put your own life, and Li and Chen's at risk." Nickson hinted as he turned with the towel to dry me off, waiting for me to step out.
I froze for a second. Wait....the wrong kind of attention? Does that mean...a rescue of some sort? 911 call that would lead to the Police? The wrong kind of people to Li and Chen could mean....normal people who are undercover waiting to rescue people like me?? Could it be?! My hopes rose. My eyes widened. Nickson frowned. I blinked and looked away. Oh wait... he was waiting for me to get out...I awkwardly swam to the steps and got out. He dried me well and then grabbed a fresh black pair of tight sleeves and yogo pants. I fit into them perfectly. He allowed me to go to the restroom and brush my teeth.