ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

The Fury crew were quickly on the move to prepare everything for their master plan before the SS Battalion arrived

The Fury crew were quickly on the move to prepare everything for their master plan before the SS Battalion arrived. Grady hauled a dead German soldier from the aid station to the tank while everyone else worked on the other important details. Norman poured gasoline onto the ground leading to the tank and onto the German when he was placed onto the vehicle. The soldier was lit ablaze as one final 'fuck you' before the crew retreated into the tank to take to their positions. 

Once the hatches were locked shut everyone started to distribute weapons and ammo. Bible was given the grease gun while Gordo took on the grenades.

"Radio check." Don spoke into the machine.

"Gordo, check."

"Norman, check."

"Grady, check."

"Natalia, check."

"Boyd, check."

The radio and intercoms worked perfectly.

"Listen, do not waste one shot." Natalia told Norman as she reloaded her pistol. 

Cannon shells and other various types of ammo were passed around the tank, it almost made Natalia's head spin. She amazed herself when she remembered what each and every type of bullet was called. 

"I'm going through ammo like water." Norman told the girl. She couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

"That's four rounds of smoke, and twenty three super charge and thirty three solid shot." Grady listed off; "what you want, Top?"

"Load super charge. Set the point delay." Don ordered. Immediately, Grady did as he was told. 

Soon, Natalia seemingly blocked out any and all conversation. Her thoughts consumed her, throwing her mind into a downward spiral. The realization of their situation had finally caught up to her. She knew they were severely outnumbered, and not just in soldiers, but probably with artillery as well. The chances of survival were slim to none, though no one wanted to think about that. The girl's face was quickly losing color and she felt as thought she might throw up. Don took notice of Natalia's distress and beckoned her up onto his lap. She obliged, crawling her way past her fellow crew members. As she positioned herself comfortably onto her boyfriend, the Fury crew occupied themselves to avoid listening to the conversation as best as they could. 

"Don. I can't do it. I can't take much more of this." Natalia whispered, immediately feeling the overwhelming urge to express her feelings to him; "I don't wanna fucking die." her voice cracked; "if I hear one more shell go off, I swear, I'm gonna slide out of my skin. I can't take it anymore. I lost my nerve, Don."

"You can do it." Don's tone was soothing and sweet. He was growing increasingly concerned for her. His eyes held nothing but sympathy for Natalia. He had taken notice of her usual survival mode deteriorating, ever since Red died. He could tell she was quickly becoming a different person, a different woman; "you just get worked up before action, that's all."