ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

Almost forty eight hours have passed since Don told Natalia his tragic backstory, and she basically refused to leave his side ever since

Almost forty eight hours have passed since Don told Natalia his tragic backstory, and she basically refused to leave his side ever since. She slept on his lap that night, wrapped up in his jacket. The Fury crew engaged in some pointless arguing the following morning, though all was fixed shortly afterwards. Norman started talking to everyone again, slowly, as he came to terms with Emma's death. He told Natalia the vague details of what him and the German girl got up to in that bedroom. She learned that was his first sexual experience, and it suddenly made sense as to why he was so distraught about her death. In return, she gave Norman the vague details about losing her virginity. In a small French town, under satin sheets. Don being a gentle giant, which was hard for Norman to believe. That was about all Natalia could tell the boy until Grady interrupted the conversation, complaining that he could hear them, complaining how disgusting it was to hear those stories about his little sister and his sergeant. Everyone else in the tank laughed at this.

Soon after, Natalia found herself sitting atop of Fury with Don, Grady and Bible. She can't remember how the conversation came about, but she was telling Don all about her dream wedding that she has had planned since her childhood. Her brother already knew all this information.

"And baby names! For a boy, I like the name Everett. For a girl, Annemarie." Natalia told Don. She had these baby names picked out since she was fourteen, and the possibility of getting to use them was seemingly getting closer everyday. Don, never once in his life, thought about baby names.

"You think I'd be a good father?" he questioned, a happy grin on his face. Don could never imagine himself as a parent, not even before the war. Both him and Natalia knew it was dangerous planning their lives like this. In war, you're never guaranteed survival, but it gave the two something to look forward to, something to ease their minds.

"Of course! You're a great sergeant, compassionate and kind. You'd be a wonderful dad. Better than mine, that's for sure." Natalia mumbled the last part, Don almost didn't catch it. He knew the Travis siblings adored their mother, they loved that woman to the moon and back ten times over, but they rarely spoke of their father. None of the crew members ever pushed for them to open up.

"You're already a great mother to these guys." Don chuckled. He adored watching the girl patch up somebody's wound, give them the last bit of food in her bag simply because she believed they needed it more than her, be a shoulder to cry on, everything. It proved to Don that just because she's a war hardened soldier, there's still goodness in her heart.

The sun was hidden behind a large stretch of clouds, causing the air to become chilled. The sergeant sat quiet, listening to his girl ramble on about whatever she deemed necessary to tell him. Red was mentioned once or twice in the conversation, then it quickly switched to her life back home in Arkansas. Bible sat in his seat inside the tank, a photo of his wife and two children between his hands. Grady was half asleep beside him.