ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

"Weren't supposed to be no more Tigers, Don

"Weren't supposed to be no more Tigers, Don." Sergeant Davis said aloud to the group in front of him. Natalia sat quietly on Wardaddy's knee, his arm around her waist, surrounded by the other sergeants. They were all filling the two in on the information they had missed while they were gone for their mission. These men were always kind enough to Natalia, mainly because she proved to be a valuable asset in their eyes, a valuable tool in the war. Inside Fury, Norman was cleaning what would be his new seat, Red's old seat.

"Tell my platoon that." Don replied sarcastically.

"You send five tanks out, one comes back? It's hard to believe we're winning the war." Natalia scoffed, taking the white mug Don offered her. Two cups of coffee in one day wasn't going to kill her.

"Stop talking about yesterday's fight. Think about todays." Davis told the girl. She simply nodded in reply, not wanting to waste her breath and argue. How could she forget about yesterday's fight? That fight killed Red.

Rumbling could be heard from Fury, and when Natalia and the group of sergeants turned, Norman was on the ground throwing up what little food he had in his system. Nobody seemed to pay any concern to the young boy, but Natalia took it upon herself to leave the conversation and make sure he was okay.

"Norman." the girl kneeled down when she got to his side. Gently, she placed a hand on the small of his back; "are you alright?"

Norman didn't reply. Instead, he watched a truck drive past. Any soldier could recognize the vehicle. The cross on the grill gave it away. The box was filled with bodies. Natalia looked up as well, some were unrecognizable, though she was sure she would have known a few of the men if she got a closer look. She preferred the unknown.

"I'm alright." Norman nodded before he pushed himself up off the ground, spitting saliva out in hopes to rid the foul taste from his mouth. The girl nodded and made her way back to the group of sergeants.

"Replacing Wardaddy with the new guy, Nat?" Sergeant Binkowski asked with a smirk. Peterson laughed. Natalia slapped both of them on the shoulder, hoping Norman didn't hear the comment. It was far from the truth and they knew it. They just liked ruffling her feathers. Anyone who was close to them knew her and Don had an unlabeled relationship going on. Sergeant Binkowski teasingly grabbed at her sides in retaliation for the slap, causing her to squirm with a loud laugh.

Before the girl could resume her spot on Don's knee, a soldier could be heard screaming and hollering at someone. Don turned and immediately stood up when he recognized the uniform of a German soldier who had clearly felt the wrath of an angry American one.

"Hey, why are you bringing him through here? Why isn't he sleeping?" Don asked the American soldiers that crossed their path. Sleeping, in this circumstance, meant dead.

"G2 wants a prisoner to question." the G1 soldier replied, clearly exhausted. Natalia got a good look at the German between the two American soldiers, and suddenly, her blood was boiling. He wasn't just a regular German soldier, he was an SS. She turned around, trying to catch a glimpse of her crew. When she did, she threw her arm high in the air to wave them over. Backup was bound to be needed.