ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

When Don and Natalia finally exited the bedroom, fully clothed, they were greeted by cups of steaming hot tea

When Don and Natalia finally exited the bedroom, fully clothed, they were greeted by cups of steaming hot tea. Don took the chair at the head of the kitchen table and Natalia sat in the seat provided for the piano. She pressed a couple of the keys, wishing she possessed the skill to play like her mother and Norman. Don flipped through the local newspaper, and when Norman finally found himself a spot at the table, the two men shared a knowing look.

"You don't have to say a word." Don said with a smirk on his face. Emma made her way into the kitchen, two more cups of tea in her hands. The young German girl sat beside Norman, trying to engage in a conversation. Irma, the older German lady, stood in the kitchen smoking a cigarette.

Natalia took it upon herself to help the German woman set the table, it was the least she could do for Irma after she allowed the girl and two other American soldiers to use her home as a safe getaway. Natalia also did use majority of her products in the washroom, but those details weren't necessary. The room was quiet, comfortable, until heavy footsteps could be heard outside the front door.

"Norman!"

"Normie! Nor? Norman, where could you be?"

There was a loud pounding on the front door before the remaining Fury crew members walked into the room. Bible walked into the kitchen first, his hands shoved into his jacket pockets. He looked at the scene before him. The table was set with plates, forks and knives, evidence of an uneaten meal. Gordo followed close behind, a top hat on his head. Then Grady, who was obnoxiously calling for Norman.

"Time for you to act the man! We got you fixed up good. Now, look, there a special gal. She's down there and she's waiting on you. All you gotta do is come on down. She wide open, just jump on in."

"Yeah, she looks a little bit like a whore, but..." Gordo agreed, making the ok hand gesture in front of his face. Don, Norman, Natalia and the two German women sat silently, avoiding eye contact; "what?"

"I think maybe we too late, Gor. Norman, what did you do? Norman, you sneaky snail." Grady walked up behind Norman and Emma; "what did you do? Wait a second," he crouched down; "did you... did you... did you take this pretty young thing for a roll?" Grady questioned with a cigarette hanging from his lip.

Natalia physically felt her skin starting to crawl.

"Yeah, you're real pretty." Gordo looked the young girl up and down, inappropriate thoughts flooding his mind. Irma watched her cousin tremble in fear, but she knew there was nothing she could do. She learned this was typical of both American and German soldiers alike.

"What's with your lip? Why it quiver?" Grady's fingers touched Emma's lips, then her hair. She watched the man with terror plastered on her face; "don't worry about me, I'm a friend. He fuck you, you fuck me. That how it works." Grady's arms wrapped around both Norman's and Emma's shoulders, pulling them closer.

"You got to pass the plate. Come on, make a donation to the cause." Trini chimed in, a twisted grin on his face. Natalia looked over at Don, practically begging for him to do something.