Chapter 4

Chapter 4~

Next day Jaden woke up with a little sleep last night. She turned towards Agatha’s bed but she was already up.

I think I am late on my very first day.

She looked at the clock it was 8:15, she still had 45 minutes to get ready for her class. Her head was still throbbing after her last encounter with Tom Riddle. Whole night she’d been thinking about the bastard who killed her parents. She hated even his face, his voice, everything which belonged to Voldemort. Whole night she’d been crying thinking of her parents, she missed them so much. Also, there was no one beside her to console her, Hermione, her bestie. Jaden was feeling sick next morning when she woke up. Really sick and tired she was, her eyes swollen and red due to crying. She took a quick shower and changed into her Gryffindor uniform, Tied her black wavy hairs in a high pony tail, took her books and headed towards the Great Hall. She was really very hungry, couldn’t skip her breakfast.

“Jaden, there you are, had a nice sleep yesterday?” greeted Charlus with a bright smile on his face.

“Morning Charlus…….well, not so nice I can say, I have got a headache”, replied Jaden taking her seat beside Agatha on the Gryffindor table.

“Morning students, we are going to begin our new session from today, I hope you all are going to focus on your studies, perform better than last year in all the activities, behave well so that you can earn more points for your House.”, a heavy male voice gave an announcement which was ofcourse from the Headmaster, Professor Dippet.

“Perform better in studies?..I think I am gonna fail this year”, chuckled Agatha.

“Well ladies, finish your breakfast and hurry up we have got Potions with Slytherins today”, said Charlus.

With the Slytherins, that foul Riddle will also be there, I am not gonna leave you today in the class..watch out Riddle….

Thought Jaden, finishing her breakfast and moving to the Dungeons for the Potions class.

“Morning class, I hope you all had a great summer, enjoyed your vacations properly..but now its time to focus on your potions. So lets begin with the Draught of Living Death” said Professor Slughorn with a merry face.

“Can anyone tell me about the draught of living death”, asked Professor.

Immediately two hand shot up in the air.

“Yes Tom m’boy, oh I see we’ve got another hand in the air, its our new student Ms. Pevensie. Tom lets give a chance to Ms. Pevensie”

All the eyes were at Jaden the new prodigy in their year.

“Sir, The Draught of Living Death brings upon its drinker a very powerful sleep that can last indefinitely.”, answered Jaden.

“Excellent Ms. Pevensie, 10 points to Gryffindor”.

Tom gave a sharp glare to Jaden, noticing her swollen red eyes.

“Students open page 132 of your books and gather your items for brewing up the potion, choose your partners, Tom I think you take Ms. Pevensie as your Potion partner”

Jaden gave an ugly look to Tom as they came together for brewing the potion.

“I think I can brew it more properly than you Riddle, so please let me do it on my own I don’t want you to blow someone’s head, It’s a difficult potion so you have to be really cautious”, said Jaden with a nasty look on her face.

Tom held her arm tightly and leaned closer to her, “You better take care of yourselves, don’t teach me Pevensie what I have to do, you see, just by giving a stupid answer you cant prove yourselves intelligent, if you want to be my partner than stay silent no need to poke your nose in my work”, snapped Tom with a fit of rage in his eyes.

Jaden pulled out her hand from his hold, “Don’t you dare touch me Riddle, fine, lets see how you’re gonna brew that potion without my help”, smirked Jaden.

She was silently observing Tom as he crushed the Sopophorous bean, and stired the potion seven time counterclockwise and and clockwise for once.

“Hey, hey, heyyyy…what do you think you are doing Riddle, cant you see the instructions in the book, it clearly say you have to cut the bean and stir the potion only counterclockwise.” interrupted Jaden.

“KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, I have already told you don’t interrupt in between, let me do what I am doing”.

“Fine, after looking at your Potion, Professor is gonna throw you out of the class, and because of you I’ll also face the consequences.” Glared Jaden.

“I think you both have finished the brewing, well that’s excellent!!!, good job done Tom, and well done!! Ms. Pevensie, 10 points to each Slytherin and Gryffindor!!, students class is dismissed I see only two students can brew the potion correctly.”, said Slughorn patting Tom’s shoulder.

Tom gave a light smirk to Jaden as they walked out of the class for Transfiguration.

“Listen, Pevensie…”, called out Tom.

“Yeah Riddle, fine you brewed the potion properly, now I am not in the mood of listening you appraising yourself, please let me - ,”

Tom interrupted Jaden by holding her arm and looking closely into her eyes.

“I see Pevensie, your swollen eyes are telling that last night you didn’t sleep and may be…cried a lot”, whispered Tom in a cold voice.

“That’s none of your business Tom” her expressions changed from anger to gloominess, her head was already throbbing in pain, she doesn’t want to talk about her emotions with this loathsome boy. “I don’t want to talk about anything personal with you, I don’t want to share anything neither to you nor to anyone” her voice loudness level was increasing, she shouted “Leave me alone Tom, you don’t know anything, you can never understand anything because you don’t have a heart, you don’t ..y-yo..you d-…..don't…”, her headache increased extremely as she found herself getting unconscious, her legs felt limp as darkness overpowered her, she fell down and only remembered a pair of arms wrapping over her………………