Chapter Five

Sophomore year, easily the best year of my life. Sophomore year was the year I finally felt like like my life had truly began..

Y/n💛

Hey y/nnn

Good morning Finnie

I've got a question for you

Uh oh
Should I be scared?

Yes.
Most definitely.
You should be absolutely horrified.

Oh okay thanks for the warning bae
What's your question?

Bae?

I call everyone bae. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable or anything

No it's okay
I think it's cute

You think I'm cute?

No!
Well yeah but
Like
Uh
Yeah
You are cute
Idk

Finn!
I'm totally fucking with you!

Y/n!!

Just ask your question

I was wondering if I could take you out for breakfast
Maybe
Idk
As friends of course
Maybe
If you think that's like weird then like I totally get it
And like if it's awkward between us now I understand
Fuck what did I just do

Finn I promise everything is fine
I'd love to catch breakfast with you
Why would that make things awkward?

Oh thank god
I just thought you might be weirded out or something bc I basically just asked you out

That's what you were doing?

No not at all!

Okay good
What time were you thinking to go?

Like now?
If that's not doable for you I get it

I'll be ready in half an hour, pick me up then

After seeing her last text I scrambled out of bed and got ready.
I took a quick shower, picked out a nice outfit, brushed my teeth,  fixed my hair, and got in the car to pick up y/n, I turned on her favorite song and drove away.

"Heyy." y/n says, getting in the passenger seat of my car.
"Hey l-" I cut myself off. Fuck I almost just called her love.
"What?"
"Um nothing, don't worry about it."
"Hmm okay."
"You look gorgeous today."
"Only today? So you're saying that I look like shit every other day?!"
"What?! No! Y/n I swear to god I was just sa-"
"Finn I'm so fucking with you!" She tells me, laughing her ass off at my borderline stupidity.
"So not funny y/n." I say, joking as well, "You had me scared out of my shit."
"I can tell."

When we got to the restaurant we ordered our food and talked for a while and after our food came, it was time.

"So uhm... y/n."
"Finn?"
"I need to tell you something."
"You do?"
"And it's serious." I say firmly.
"Okay now you're scaring me."
"Well don't be scared."
"Just tell me."
"Okay," I take a deep breath, "y/n I've known you for what feels like forever. And I can't imagine my life without you. Whenever I'm with you, everything feels okay. And if it weren't for you, I don't know where I'd be, I'd be so lost. Y/n we do everything together, it's almost like we're never apart."
"Finn where are you going with this?" She interrupts.
"The way we say "I love you" y/n... I don't- I guess what I'm trying to say right now is that when I tell you I love you, and you say it back, I don't love you the same way you love me. Platonically that is."
Y/n stares at her feet for a second, "Who said I love you platonically?" she asks before bringing her head up to look me in the eyes.
"Y/n, are you serious?! Because I- I mean my family literally thinks we're dating. Like I'm so serious, my mom asks me all the time, 'are you sure there's nothing more going on between you and y/n that I don't know about??' And it's so funny, but at the same time it's not. My main point here is that I can't be just friends with you y/n, I will always see you as something more. I think- I think I've fallen in love with you y/n."
"I think I've fallen in love with you too Finn."
"Really?!"
"I wouldn't have agreed to go on a date with you if I didn't."
"Wait you knew this was a date?!"
"You're a really shitty liar Finn"
"Okay so... what- what are we?"
"What do you want to be?"
"I think you know the answer to that."
"I do. But I really just wanna hear you say it."
"I want you to be my girlfriend y/n."
"Hmmm I don't know. Let me check with my boss," she says before taking her phone out and putting it up to her ear, "hey! I have a question, uhm I was wondering if I'm allowed to have a boyfriend ... oh okay. Bye! He said he'll get back to me in 3 to 5 business days."
I shot her a confused look.
"Finn I'm literally fucking with you again!"
"Oh my god y/n!"
"In all seriousness though, I'd love to be your girlfriend Finn. I've actually liked you for quite a while."
"Why didn't you say anything?"
"Because I didn't wanna fuck up what we already had!"
"Well look where we ended up."
"Yeah... look where we ended up."

Little did we know, just how far we'd go.

The story [F.W.]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें