Chapter Two

It were the days that summer that mean the most to me. When we would stay up texting for hours, sneak out together and run all around the neighborhood like morons. It felt like we had already been living our lives. Even though it was only the summer before 7th grade. Y/n was my best friend. She was my favorite person in the whole world. I never really bothered to talk to anybody else at school because I had all I needed. I think y/n is all I'll ever need. After all the summer fun we had you'd think we'd get totally sick of each other. But we didn't. Not one bit...

Y/n💛

Y/n
Y/n
Y/n
Y/N
Y/NNNNNNNNN

HOLY FUCK FINN WHAT DO YOU WANT IM TRYING TO SLEEP ITS TWO IN THE FUCKING MORNING

Come outside in 10 minutes

What?!

Come sneak out with
me, I'm taking you to the fields

Finn, if it were summer you know I would, but we have school tomorrow.

So?
You only live once y/n

Maybe on Friday

NO
NOT ON FRIDAY
FUCK YOU
I SWEAR TO GOD Y/N
SNEAK OUT WITH ME
PLEASE
Y/N
Y/N
Y/NNNNN
FUCKING SHIT Y/N PLEASE
RESPOND YOU STUPID CUNT
Y/N WHERE ARE YOU
DID YOU FALL BACK ASLEEP?!

*Y/n💛 cant talk now*

Y/N PICK UP THE PHONE

Come outside

Huh?

I'm outside your house, let's go

I quickly climb out my bedroom window to greet my best friend, "change your mind?" I asked her.
"Yeah, now let's go before I change it back."
After 20 excruciating minutes of walking, we finally reached the fields.
We just laid there for a while in a comfortable silence, looking at the stars.
"Do you remember when I told you about Dylan smith?" Y/n asked suddenly.
"Yeah?"
"Well... we're sorta dating now!"
"Really?! That's great I'm so happy for you y/n!"
"Thanks!"
"You still wanna hang out with me though right?"
"Finn don't be silly, of course I do. You're my best friend. I wouldn't be able to survive without you."
After what felt like 30 minutes of talking about whatever it is we talk about, the sun started to come up.
"Oh shit" y/n said
"What?"
"Finn the sun's starting to come up! We gotta go!"
"Dammit! We must've lost track of time, to me that felt like just a few minutes!"
"Yeah, me too. Walk me home?"
"Happily." I say, taking her hand in mine and running home with her. Her house is on the way to mine so I wasn't going out of my way or anything.
Soon we arrived at her house,
"Bye Finn!" She whisper-yelled so her parents wouldn't hear, "see you in like, an hour!" She laughs, climbing back in through her window.
"Bye!"

When we got to school we were both a sleepy mess.
At about 11:42 I woke up to a history book being slammed on my desk.
"Finn wolfhard!" My history teacher yells, "what makes you think that my class is an appropriate place to sleep?!"
"I- uhm" then I was interrupted by this blonde bitch named lily,
"Mrs Johnson! Y/n is sleeping too!" She yelled in her annoying ass high pitched voice. God I hate her.
"She is isn't she?! Thank you for bringing that to my attention lily!" Mrs Johnson says, grabbing the book from my desk and walking over to y/n.
She slams the book on her desk and she wakes up, looking exhausted.
"I cannot believe you guys think you can just go to sleep in my class! I have- you know what? No. Just both of you go to the principals office, I can't do this today."
I roll my eyes and grab my things, walking to the door. Stoping for a second so y/n could walk with me.
"Thanks a lot Wolfhard." she teases.
"Hey! In my defense, you could've said no!"
"Yeah but you were PeEr PrEsSuRiNg me!" She laughs.
"You're actually really funny y/n, you know that?"
"I do" she says with a cheeky smile.
We walk into the principals office and sit on the small couch he has in the room.
"What did you guys do now?" He asks, referencing all the times we'd been in here before.
"We fell asleep in Mrs Johnson's class." I tell him.
"Well, we're you guys up late last night?"
Me and y/n just look at each other and laugh.
"Well I fell asleep at 10" she says.
"Lies!" I yell, giggling.
"I'm so not lying!" She says laughing with me "Mr Mendez he was up ALL NIGHT last night! And he woke me up at two in the morning!"
"I did not!"
"Did too!"
"Did not!
"Did t-"
"Guys, guys enough" mr Mendez interrupts, I really hate to do this but I'm going to have to give you guys a detention, you both know sleeping in class is unacceptable."
"Yes mr Mendez." we say in unison.
He gives us our detention slips for that day after school and sends us on our way back to class. And it's just our luck that we got Mrs Johnson for detention.

Hours pass and me and y/n have about 30 minutes left of detention.
"I have to take some papers down to the commons. You two behave, I'll be back in a few minutes." Mrs Johnson tells us before leaving the room.
"Y/n" I call.
"What's up?"
"Let's break the fuck out of here."
"What?! Are you out of your damn mind?!"
"Maybe. Listen, all we have to do, is open that window, and climb out. Simple."
Y/n looks at the window, then at me, then back at the window, "fuck it" she says, quickly gathering her things. She goes up to the window and opens it. Then we hear the sound of high heels coming down the hallway,
"Shit!" Y/n whisper-yells, "hurry the fuck up!"
"Coming!" I run over the window and jump out of it, y/n following after.
After we were out we started RUNNING down the street as fast as we possibly could. Laughing all the way home.

Those were the days where nobody really seemed to care that much, 7th grade is a hard year for a lot of kids. During these times, really all we had was each other and that was just enough for us.