Chapter 24 - Edaline/Sandor/Ro/Dex/Tam

Just a bunch of different POV's

***

Edaline's POV

"We've got a new lead," Edaline said quietly. "But it's just as useless as the other leads we have because we don't know what it means." Grady finished bitterly. 

Sandor's POV

He'd failed Miss Foster again. Maybe he should consider resigning and getting her a better body guard after all.

Ro's POV

Naughty Boy's gonna regret it! Just wait till Blondie finally convinces him to come back, and he'll find his bed full of flesh eating bacteria! Well, they'd have to wait till Blondie finds a way back herself or gets rescued. Meanwhile, Ro'll help get Blondie back and when Sophie's back, she'll serve as additional body guard for her.

Edaline's POV

"Sophie's strong, Grady." "It's the second time now." He whispered. "First at Havenfield. Now at Everglen. Where will it be next time?" "Sophie will be ok." Edaline told him but was actually trying to convince herself.

Dex's POV

They had a new lead. But it was just like any other lead they've had. Dex's nightmares were starting to get worse. A lot worse. He saw Sophie being tortured, and the deep gashes on her face, arms, and legs would never stop bleeding. He could hear Biana's terrified scream. His best friend's cry as the ogre slashed at her again. "Now, our pretty little vanisher, you shall die!" Vespera screamed at she cut Biana's throat with a shard of glass- a shard of broken mirror from Nightfall. "No!" Sophie cried. She tried to jump in front of Biana, but the ogre swung his sword madly, cutting off... Sophie's arm. Sophie and Biana's shrill screams pierced into Dex's ears, tattooing themselves there forever. For as long as he lived, Dex would never be able to forget the cries.

Tam's POV

Tam headed down stairs, and as he entered the dining room, he was surprised to find no one, apart from a little note. Messily scrawled on it was Tiergan's  familiar hand writing: Gone to a meeting with the collective. Tam set it aside, and he sat down at the large, rectangular, crystal embedded table. Tam drank some cinnacreme, taking out a few blitzenberry muffins from the pantry. He ate breakfast in silence. 

Linh usually woke up at 5:30 in the morning and would nearly have finished breakfast already when Tam usually walked into the room at 5:50. It was weird that Linh wasn't up yet. But a few minutes later, Linh slouched into the room, her hair a tangled mess and tunic wrinkled. Her usually pink tinted cheeks were pale and tear-stained and the bags under her eyes looked like gigantic purple bruises. She slid into the chair beside Tam, not even offering a "Hi!" or "Morning Tammy!" like she usually did. Tam took that as a sign that she didn't want to talk. He poured some cinnacreme into a mug and handed it to Linh. She mumbled a small thanks. He stood and stretched, before grabbing a plate and a blitzenberry muffin and slid it across the table to Linh. He studied his twin for a few minutes, and Linh didn't even look up as she ate. Tam finally sighed and stood up to put his plate in the sink. A gnome hurried over and took the plate from Tam but he said, "Thanks Adan, but I want to do the dishes myself today, is that ok?" "Are you sure?" The gnome asked. Tam nodded. "Thank you Adan." Adan nodded back and scurried away. 

Tam opened the tap, watching the water flow. Normally, when Tam opened any taps, the water would blast onto his face and drench him head to toe. Or there wouldn't be any water at all and when he stuck his head under the tap to look at it, the water would suddenly come and splash all over his face and he'd be left spluttering while Linh laughed her head off and ran away. Today, nothing happened. Which must've meant Linh was VERY miserable. Tam scrubbed at the plate while Linh finished her muffin. As she brought the plate over, she accidently slipped and Tam hurried to catch her. The timing was perfect and he caught his sister just before she hit the floor. He helped her up and went back to scrubbing. "Thank you, Tam." Linh murmured. "Don't mention it." he murmured back. Linh sighed.

"Look, Tammy, I'm sorry about what I did and said yesterday, I was just really stressed." She explained. "It's ok." Tam said, not making eye contact. But it had actually hurt him more then he wanted to admit. Linh had never actually gotten mad at him before, much less yelled at him. "I'm sorry, Tammy, I mean it." Tam looked back at her. She really did look sorry. The water turned into a murcat and did a little flip in the air before splashing back down into the sink. Tam smiled. Linh was giving him one of her little side-smirks again, when she knew he couldn't resist but forgive her. "Ok." he decided. "Apology accepted." Linh beamed, strangling him with a hug, but Tam could feel her tears soaking his tunic.

"I'm sorry too." He whispered. "I understand how you feel now." There were gasps and confused looks and a gazillion different questions after Tam had pieced together 'stellarlune' yesterday. Some of them had only heard of it once when Lady Gisela was trying to distract them and told them the name. From what Tam knew, apparently, it was Lady Gisela's master plan for Keefe to fulfil his 'legacy'. Everything was so confusing. But now, he knew what everyone had felt like when Sophie and Dex were kidnapped the first time- "- except the first time was a lot worse because they thought Sophie and Dex were actually dead." Linh finished, making Tam realize he'd voiced his thought out loud. "Yeah." He agreed.

Hiii! So this is the second update this week because I felt bad since the first update was short. Hope you liked the chapter! Bye!